Enclosure size for a pair of eastern Blueys?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizza212

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am looking to put a pair of Blueys in a display enclosure and was wondering what size would suit that application best?
I have heard very much conflicting reports as to what sizes are necessary. I currently keep my girl in a 1.5x4ft enclosre and have been told that that may even be overkill :shock:

Im a little confused to say the very least :lol:

General consensus on enclosure size for one Blue tongue skink is 120cm long, 60cm wide 45cm-60cm high. Being terrestrial they won't use height, but it's essential to have at least some height if using a heat/basking globe. Personally, I wouldn't house two skinks together, especially if they are six months or older. Some have done this with success, but the risk of fighting and losing toes or even a tail is there. Either way, good luck with your display enclosure once you decide on the size of it. :)

Last edited:
Not big on climbing , but do climb a little so 4 foot x 2 foot x 18" (tall) would be fine. I wouldn't keep 2 BTS together, they are territorial and fully capable of killing each other, I'd watch them very closely for a few days if you do so, and separate them immediately if there is any sign of conflict .

Last edited:
was told blueys dont climb, went all out decorating an enclosure with polystyrine rock walls, bluey climbs out and pushes his way through a hole in the mesh of the roof near the heat lamp everyday, so I would say a good amount of height and secure lid are the go and about 4-6 foot long

you could make a large outdoor pit and keep them in there and when its winter bring them in in seperate enclosures make sure the combos either male-female or female-female or there is a much higher chance of fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back