This Seasons Standouts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to show off a few hatchies I bred this season, I haven't included them all but just the one's that really stood out for me - rather pleased with a few of them! :D

First off some Palmerston Jungles which are Krauss x Montgomery lineage.
There's always a few that swing in each direction, with the deep blacks of the Krauss or the yellow flecking of the Montys.
These guys always hatch out of the egg with some fantastic yellow already showing, the photos below were taken after their first shed!

l1nv.jpg

mqri.jpg

jhh0.jpg

Proserpine Coastals : I've bred this same pairing last season, but this season they managed to throw some really nice animals including this striped and very RP looking hatchy.
The striped animal is an older photo, she's starting to show alot more of the rich colours now aswell.

vzja.jpg

sseb.jpg

Port Macquarie Natural Intergrades : This season was also a great one for the Ports. As with the Proserpines i've bred this same pair before, but they threw a few extra nice ones this year, including the odd little 'hypo' one that I know a few of you are following the progress of. The animal pictured at the top here is one of the lightest coloured one's i've produced, so compare that with the 'hypo' at the very bottom. The middle animal has a really unique 'dirty' look which is interesting to me - even though the photo was taken after a fresh shed.

dn58.jpg

cfre.jpg

uhwe.jpg

Last but not least, some of my possible het. for Axanthic Coastals. I still need to prove my pair out, but hoping this is the first step along the journey. I'm holding back most of the females from this clutch along with two males, and they will be mated back to the parents in a few years time - hopefully then producing a few Axanthics. This will be the last time I breed the pair until then, so if anyone is interested in the siblings for their own project, I do have them up for sale at the moment.

Rather than proving the Axanthic genetics this season however, a different recessive Hypo trait was found. Both of the my breeding pair are 'normal' looking coastals, but I do know the Grandsire was considered a Hypo which would make them 100% hets. This rang true as 4 of the 13 hatchlings this season are displaying hypo qualities, which would fit in with the general rule of recessive inheritance. Three of them are not the most fantastic looking, but 1 of the 4 is displaying some amazing colouration and hatched with very minimal black - which hasn't budged at all in the 5 sheds she's now had.

The middle photo is another of my favourites from the 'normal' looking animals. Alot of this group show some really cool head markings though!

7oe5.jpg

nifl.jpg

6in4.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning variety you have there Vixen!!!

Just beautiful. The little one in a coil sticking its tongue out is very cute. Great photos.

really enjoyed reading this post :) Thanks for sharing! Would love to see what you do with those stunning SW carpets you have :)

I didn't think they'd be quite so popular, i'm glad you all like them as much as I do. :p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back