Not hungry? unheard of!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brendoboy

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just after some help.
Im aware its winter and all but its really a huge change for my little guy.
I have a 1 y/o Stimmy and for about 5 weeks now he hasnt wanted any food. He had prior to winter (and moving house) NEVER turn down a weeklyish feed.

Could it really only be due to winter? - recently he has also been upgraded to a new enclosure as well. much better for him as it has more room length wise then height.

Any feedback would be awesome. Just dont want to keep wasting rats trying to get him to eat and then on the flip side wait to long to feed the poor bugger..... As i mentioned he never has turned down a feed prior! iphone 570.jpg

Shouldn't wry... All my stimi's go off food in winter and I would imagine the larger enclosure has a cooler ambient cool end?... I just put my smaller female that was a late starter back in a click clack and within days she is back feeding... Just an example

it's hard not to panic when their feeding response changes and as its your first winter you will realise to let nature and his instincts take it course, my female stopped eating on regular cycle for 6mths and after checking all husbandry and vet check with blood tests she is fit and healthy and still growing. instead of offering food every week leave for 3 weeks or even 4, double check all husbandry and temps etc to make sure external influences are not affecting him, changing his home can also put them off food for several weeks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back