JET-005 Thermostat Alarm Issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ie you might be able to use the max range for upper (daytime) and lower (nighttime) alarm ranges so the upper nighttime alarm setting temp is same as the lower daytime alarm setting temp. Unfortunately this very wide range of temperatures inside the control (alarm) limits will result in rather poor control the temperature inside the enclosure and large temperature oscillations in daytime and night.

Like I said earlier, you really need to be able to program a controlled ramp up and ramp down in temp aims from day to night (in a number of smaller steps rather than one big step change) and I don't think this is possible with any Jet controller.

aussie_lad on the ecotech there is an L1 and L2 displayed just in front of the time L1 = Alarm On, L2 = Alarm Off. When you press and hold the up and down arrows at the same time for around 3 - 5 seconds and release the L# starts flashing, you then use the up and down arrows to change to whichever setting you require and either press set or just leave for it to record the setting. Not sure if Jet-005 is the same but I hope it helps.

A permanent mute alarm option on these gadgets would be handy, would be easy enougn to code by the manufacturer, and all they would need is one more menu item or a simple on off toggle switch (which would cost them virtually nothing)..

These thermo's definitely have issues, I've got 7 of them and they have all faded to the point of barely being able to read them. I also had issues with the alarm setting and just set the alarm to 0, which solved the constant beeping problem. With more work they wouldn't be a bad unit but as they are they shouldn't be released to the public.

From my post: "The idea is to ensure that your heating is set up correctly to ensure that your temps are within range so that the alarm does not sound." You then go on to admit that your operating temps do not meet this requirement.

So from what I can see the "damn product" is working as it should. Fair enough, it doesn't suit your operating environment but I don't think the product can be dismissed as rubbish when it is performing exactly as it was designed to.

Completely agree, though I never dismissed the product as rubbish, was just frustrated that the product is designed to have two settings, but with a variance of just of 5+/- degrees between those settings - ridiculous design for it's intended purpose.
BUT!

Turn the alarm off. Hold the up and down arrows at the same time and when it flashes change the setting to no. Simple. :)

THIS GUY!!!
This guy right here has the answer I'm looking for!!! I just wanted to know if it was possible to turn the alarm off and here is the answer and it worked!
I have everything setup so I can't fry my animals and overall temps never drop below 17c, it was just that damn annoying alarm going off when everything was operating as it should be for my needs.
Thanks heaps to everyone for their input and help, but this has completely solved the issue I was having.
Cheers mate! :)

No problem. The alarm is a feature that really isn't needed. Drove me nuts. They are a great thermostat otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back