Please help respitory infection

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldbloodedinc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all my darwin has ri well im pretty sure of it any way he was makin a gurgeling sound when exhaling i was told to use a fogger and f10 im using correct amount its been 6 days now (treating once a day every night at the same time ) his breathing seems to be a little better but still got stuff comin out of mouth n nose and is still weezy. Will the f10 method work

Have had him for over a year enclosure is perfect have spent lots of cash to get it that way. He loves sittin in water bowl tho hasnt got mites and is or was a very healthy and well fed snake i have other snakes next to him and they dont have a problem i thaught r i was contagious?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldnt rely on F10 working, antibiotics would get my vote!!

You may want to take him to the vet for a course of antibiotics to help clear him of an infection, if he's gurgling then it's serious..

RI seems to be transmitted thru sharing waterbowls (saliva), im not sure snakes in other cages would automatically get it.

RI seems to be transmitted thru sharing waterbowls (saliva), im not sure snakes in other cages would automatically get it.
not automatically, but it can definitely be passed from one snake to another if you don't very thoroughly wash yourself and anything that goes near the sick snake, inc your clothes, sick snake should be quarantined away from other snakes, another room preferably :)

Or near dural im a truck driver and will be there tomorro really want him fixed regardless off cost

He is in his own enclosure can it be transmitted by air ?

not as far as I know..but don't quote me, I have read numerous books and I've never seen it( RI ) stated to be airbourne..

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Qld, sorry mate can't help there :(

How is it Given to them oraly or injection

Would i have to have him with me in the truck when i see the vet or do i give antibiotics to him myself .... What is the procedure?

injection usually. very easy to do with a bit of guidance from your vet. or you can go back to the vets every couple of days.

- - - Updated - - -

You will have to take him to the vet for the initial consult to confirm it is an ri and then after that you can do the injections yourself.

Maybe bump the temperature up a little, what temperature do you have?

I have heard that some people suggest to bump the hotspot temp up a couple of degrees when a snake has RI but I have never had a snake with RI myself.

e5agabud.jpg
tadape8y.jpg

Me either he always sits in water bowl regardless of temp it could be icey cold and he still gets in there he doesnt have mites sheds perfect every time its doin my head in

Are you from sydney andy ?

Thanks yea ive spent alot to get them the way they are ������ heres a pic of my jungles enclosure
uve3e5az.jpg

Would a normal vet be able to help out?

I've only seen pythons sitting in their water bowls on hot days, how cold is the cool end of his tank?

EDIT: Also, a normal vet can usually prescribe antibiotics, however I'd highly recommend getting advice from a vet who's familiar with reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back