Is this some sort of record?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipidee

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

After many many months, my Stimmy has gone into shed mode. But it's going on for so long. He was eating like a pig and then suddenly stopped and retired to his hide. No food and no pooping for at least three weeks. I didn't see when he went blue, but he was out of the hide briefly yesterday and he is definitely darker and duller. But still no signs of the slough starting!!! His last shed was January and it took about 10 days - and came off perfectly. This time, we're heading for 30 days! Temps have been maintained at 34-26 and humidity at 60-65%.

Has anyone else had a slough take so long?

All in good time
I hope so. It's just taking so long this time.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's not supposed to happen like this, but just three hours after I started this post, look what I just came across...

IMG_1024.JPG

Last edited:
No record sorry, some of mine takes ages sometimes. What you have is a completely normal healthy snake. :p

No, I'm glad not to break any records. It took such a long time. Anyway, all good. He's just finished a perfect shed. See, all I had to do was put up a post on this Forum and - BINGO - problem solved...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back