Pulse Proportional Thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimming thermostats are for light globes. Pulse proportional is for everything else. I use switching for all my Herps however use pulse proportional for incubators. I can't seem to find a good habistat or microclimate which is day/night pulse proportional and doesn't use that magic eye thing. Cheaper models ie the JET models on eBay are day/night pulse proportional however allow you to input your daylight hours rather than relying on a magic eye to pick up light in the room which I do not like/trust.

http://www.herpshop.com.au/ the table on the thermostat tab might help.

I use the habistat pulse proportional thermostat with some of my heat cords. Temps stay very stable, so would be great for incubators and young animals. I haven't had a problem with mine.

What do people think of these? Do they work with heat cords and CHE's? How do they compare to dimming thermostats?

Thanks,
YayPythons :D

I think they are great, and work very well with all heat sources apart from lights.

Hi YayPythons, nice to meet a local I actually live at east brisbane I use pulse proportional Thermostats for my raidiator panels and they work well.

Cheers Matt

Hey guys I'm in Brissy also... I've just set up an incubator using a habistat pulse proportional thermostat which hooked up to a 25 watt heat cord... Temps are looking good... Very consistent with little fluctuation..

I use pulse proportional for heat cord, heat pads and CHEs. They give a nice tight control. My incubator only varied 0.3 degrees during incubation. I have the Habistat ones from Herpshop and am very happy with them. Worth the investment.

i have 2 habistat pulse proportional thermostats and they are great to manage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back