Your opinion on Microclimate B1 dimming thermostat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ummmm , my mate :) he lives in semi rural nsw and it would cost a small fortune for them to get power to their house due to the location , so they use a generator
My point being they think most of Australia is rural. Fact is we aren't.... UK also have people running a generators as we do. Also does your mate keep snakes off this generator ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve fixed three of them that had failed triacs and I’m pretty sure Andy had one with the same problem so it might not be because of our power supply stability but it’s definitely an obvious weak point in them.

I don't doubt its a weak point. I just mean that when they say the triac is an issue for using the UK model here is stupid. I think the Australian versions triacs would fail as commonly as the UK versions. Which was yours?

Habistats are a far more robust thermostat in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't doubt its a weak point. I just mean that when they say the triac is an issue for using the UK model here is stupid. I think the Australian versions triacs would fail as commonly as the UK versions. Which was yours?

Habistats are a far more robust thermostat in my opinion.

Not sure which they were but they were a few years old so it was probably before they found the fault and they were likely to be the same as the UK versions.
I agreee with your last sentence 100%. Everything in them just seems better quality. I don't usually say that on here for fear of defending the die hard Microclimate fans though :p

Just to throw a spanner in the works I have been using both microclimates and habistats for a long time now.I prefer habistats.Have never had one fail over the years but I can't say the same for microclimates.

Just to throw a spanner in the works I have been using both microclimates and habistats for a long time now.I prefer habistats.Have never had one fail over the years but I can't say the same for microclimates.

Habistat for the win!!!!! My first thermostat was a microclimate and it died, though was just an on/off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back