G'Day from SA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bronni

Hi there, I am soon to be the new owner of a 7 yo Darwin Carpet Python and figured that gaining as much knowledge from other like minded people would be a good starting point. I was wondering if other snake owners have dogs and if this has any impact when handling their snake. I have vaguely read that snakes may have more potential to bite due to the scent of dogs. Please correct me if I am wrong. The snake will be coming from a home without any other pets.
Cheers
Bronni

Lots of people use a hand cleaner before handling their animals and between handling different animals, this would mask any scent if you were worried. I have a dog and a cat and have only been tagged once by one of my pythons but that was due to me trying to remove him from his enclosure when he clearly didn't want to be disturbed and I wouldn't take no for an answer.

Hello Bronni and welcome to APS. I agree with bigjoediver. We have two dogs and our blue heeler likes a big wrestle/pat. Never had an issue with scents or smells after using hand sanitizer.
good to see another South Aussie on here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back