LOST - Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenno

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My adult female Bredli was being looked after by a family member while myself and my husband are currently overseas. She has escaped from her enclosure because he accidentally left her door open when he was putting fresh water in and the phone rang. He completely forgot it was ajar and went to spend Christmas Day with the rest of the family.

If anyone at all knows a friend or has family that lives in Flinders View (near Ipswich) Qld (Willowtree Drive to be exact) Could you please pass this message onto them? I am worried sick about her. She is absolutely beautiful and so docile and placid. I have had her for 9yrs so she a valued member of the family. She is actually microchipped too! We are offering a $200 REWARD to the person that finds her.

If you have any info at all please contact or reply to this post

Sarah & Andrew
Flinders View Vet

tel: 3294 1773

Thanks guys, I am very sad that she could be gone forever.

Hope you find her. It is very distressing to lose a pet that you have had for so long. As you say, they are part of the family.
Good luck in your search.

Ask everyone to look in high places....roof cavity, etc. that is where bredli like to go

Try Facebook...word spreads faster on there

Hope she is found safe....I know how you must feel

Cheers
Sandee :)

It wouldn't have gone far. It is more than likely that it is still in your house, maybe no more than 5m from its enclosure. It will be curled up in a confined space somewhere, and could quite happily stay there for months.

Check under and inside furniture, in draws, behind books on book shelves, you would be surprised how small a space a big snake can hide in. Check above and behind the fridge.

If you got a tiled and wooden floor and don't mind making a mess, sprinkle floor on it so you can see if he's been moving around at night.

Alternatively cover the floor with plastic shopping bags and leave empty beer tins on coffee tables etc. He will make noise crawling over the bags and knocking over the beer tins.

Leave a food item under a hide on the floor. He may smell it, eat and go to sleep there.

Thank you so much guys, for your well wishes and advice Marcus0002. I am hoping she hasn't gone far. Everyone keeps looking outside for her because the back door was open slightly when she escaped. I will tell my family about this advice thank you very much :)

Thank you so much guys, for your well wishes and advice Marcus0002. I am hoping she hasn't gone far. Everyone keeps looking outside for her because the back door was open slightly when she escaped. I will tell my family about this advice thank you very much :)

I would go with the possibility of her still being I side as well, my bredli escaped once went straight pass the front door and into the kitchen to hide around the warm motor in the bottom of the fridge .

Good luck and hopefully she is found soon

I had my maccie go walkabout once, he was inside the arm of my recliner the whole time. My big jungle disappeared while I had my back turned a few months ago. After turning the whole house upside down we found him in one of the drawers in the coffee table, a foot away from where I had last saw him.

She'll almost definitely be in the house. Mine have got out a few times (either from forgetfulness or an unseen escape route in an enclosure) and I've always found them in the same room as the enclosures. My only advice is to look everywhere, not just the apparently obvious places. My little Bredli climbed at least 5ft up into my cupboard and was hanging out in my sock basket.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I had a 4 ft coastal escape a couple months back and after about a week and a half of him missing I heard a big thud and went to investigate and there he was sitting ontop of my enclosures not even 3 metres from his enclosure.what I'm trying to say is don't lose hope and looks around the house as it will tend to stay where it's safe. Although with this heat it would be hard to tell.

You could try putting it's meal in the middle of a room and put flour over doorways and hiding points which will then give u some idea as to where it could possibly be

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Sarah and Andrew,
I am also thinking She will be still in Your house,
I lost a carpet python a few years ago
It turned up 4 days later in the roof as there was a gap(renovations)
I heard it making a noise and found where it was and grabed it easily,
Another time a small carpet hatchy got out and 2 days later it was found (under stuff) lol
It's amazing how well they can hide,but still stay reasonably close to home/enclosure :)
Good luck,hope the Family member has good ears and can listen out for Her,
She will make noise eventually and give Her hide spot away:)

This all sounds promising and hopeful :). My family got a snake catcher around to give them a hand and he said a similar thing where they generally don't like to go out of their comfort zone. He also said to do the flour trap and plastic bags. I will be giving my nephew my log on details so he can go through and read all these wonderful posts and advice as he is very stressed, tired and anxious that he hasn't found her yet. Thank you very much again :)

Also inform RSPCA incase they get called out or she is handed into them, good luck i hope you get her back safely

Unless your living in a rental and your moving out soon I wouldn't worry. Pythons are experts at hiding in plain sight.

Still no sight of her or any sign for that matter. My family won't give up. 2 weeks to go then back home in Australia to start searching ourselves. Fingers crossed in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back