Water Python Thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just got some bigger feed size for my water python bella going from small adult rats to mediums can't wait to see her smash that.

I suppose you're not going to elaborate on this?
Sure. Happy to throw one live animal in to feed another, to experience a terrifying and probably incredible painful death because you cant be bothered to get your pet feeding properly? Really means calling yourself an animal lover is a bit of stretch. I can think of a few things you might be though.

Sure. Happy to throw one live animal in to feed another, to experience a terrifying and probably incredible painful death because you cant be bothered to get your pet feeding properly? Really means calling yourself an animal lover is a bit of stretch. I can think of a few things you might be though.

Needs to be more people like you in the hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need to clarify something here... I've never fed live to any of my snakes, and I can only think of one situation that would prompt me to even consider it: would be as a last ditch effort to get a starving snake to eat. I'm fully aware starvation doesn't happen in a short amount of time, and I can't see it coming to that, but IF it did then it would be something to consider.

You've made me realise something important though... A year ago I couldn't even keep track of the number of debates I was getting into over this with people that fed live prey to their snakes on a regular basis. That number [of debates] has dropped significantly as of late. And I don't know if it's because I've heard so many people talk about it that I've started to become a little desensitised or what, but looking back at it now, my previous post on this thread actually ticks me off.. Not even a hint of my old response to the topic. Bleh.

Thanks for bringing me back to reality, PythonLegs.. Really.

Aaand now before this thread gets pummeled for being off topic... Hey look, a water python!
Screenshot2013-09-28at75856PM_zps66ceba95.png

x

Not only is it cruel to the mouse but feeding live can result in some pretty nasty rodent bites/scratches to your snake. These can take ages to heal over, with a patternless snake like a water python it will still be very noticeable even when healed. Even worse it the mouse managed to bite the eye!

Don't feed live, fresh kill is a much more humane option with mostly the same results.

EDIT: Sorry to throw the thread off track Skippii, I posted just after your update :p
Sienna is gorgeous! I always love seeing piccies of her ^_^

EDIT: Sorry to throw the thread off track Skippii, I posted just after your update :p
Sierra* is gorgeous! I always love seeing piccies of her ^_^

Thanks :) Sierra is a gorgeous girl, even when she's got a mouthful of dinner! I only wish I had a decent camera to capture her properly in photographs. Currently using my phone, I'm a disgrace to the art of photography :|

How are your critters doing?

Still on topic.... *shines halo*
Screenshot2013-09-28at83208PM_zps656785ed.png

x

Just a quick update my little psycho is now feeding fine. Started feeding him at night and he loves it. Has a massive food response too the point that he is waiting by the door and as soon as it opens he launches himself out too get the mouse. He has actually cleared the doors and landed out side on the table. Now I have to distract him with one hand to get the mouse inside the tank.

Haven't seen any new replies lately so I thought its worth bumping this thread

This Summer Heat

So how are everyone's water pythons? Bella my girl hasn't bothered to get into her big water bowl like she did last year even though its hot as.

my first clutch has just started eating 100% took their mouse first time these snakes are pretty dam awesome and temperement from this first clutch is very good.

great to hear the Liasis family are very food hungry and garbage guts too i know that as my Olive always has accepted food and my water python too but she doesn't if she is in shed mode.

I've managed to convince the missus that another snake is a good idea and I've decided on a Water Python. :D Can anyone recommend any breeders around Brisbane I can get a hatchling from? Just about to PM Helikaon but others would be good in case all his are spoken for.

se7uhyvy.jpg

Picked this little girl up today from Helikaon and took a photo when I was moving her into her click-clack. She's pretty feisty, I've been tagged quite a few times already haha. Still have to come up with a name to reflect her attitude.

se7uhyvy.jpg

Picked this little girl up today from Helikaon and took a photo when I was moving her into her click-clack. She's pretty feisty, I've been tagged quite a few times already haha. Still have to come up with a name to reflect her attitude.

Where is Helikaon? I picked my girl up from near grafton from pythons1

Water pythons are nuts! I've seen my friends one and it's feeding response is impressive. His strikes the glass of the cage when he's warming up its feed. It's calmed down a fair bit since having it but sounds like from the words describing other peoples such as 'nuts', 'crazy', 'feisty' and 'psycho' it's embedded in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water pythons are nuts! I've seen my friends one and it's feeding response is impressive. His strikes the glass of the cage when he's warming up its feed. It's calmed down a fair bit since having it but sounds like from the words describing other peoples such as 'nuts', 'crazy', 'feisty' and 'psycho' it's embedded in them

Here are some of mine.

This is me and Aimy. A pretty old picture now (May 2005), but I still have the same snake and she is still my favourite pet.

AimyandSdajiearlyMay2005APScrapvers.jpg

This is one of Aimy's daughters at a few months of age.

PythonKisses.jpg

Here's a friend's daughter holding Aimy (again, an old picture, both the kid and the snake are now a lot larger, but the snake is still as calm to handle)

Moosedaughteryellowbelly.jpg

And here are three kids handling three of my Water Pythons

MooseskidsandRainbowss.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back