Mr two tails at Southbank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

Reaction score
Found this little one at Southbank today, what would be a feasable explanation for his double tail

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 334
looks like it could have been a birth defect or he could have had his tail bitten off and it grew back in 2. cute little guy though.

Probably got attacked, got bitten and injured his tail but didn't drop his tail, grew another one... Seen it before...

Pretty sure dragons don't regenerate their tails.. so it must be a birth defect.

i had one with an injured tail and it grew but was dark and did not look normal and did not grow to full length or have a proper tip.

Intellagama do regrow tails to an extent. A partial break allows the original tail to continue to grow and trigger the growth of a second

Being semi aquatic EWD need their tails as they use them to swim the same way a fish does.

This is one of the local ewds that has a regenerated tail.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389172950611.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389172950611.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for posting the pic Emilie. I have never seen this with dragons before. Its fairly common with skinks.

I have at least two wild ones at my place with tails like that. Partial break that regenerates a second tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back