Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please refrain from giving advice if you have no idea what you are talking about. Holding a snake while its feeding is a horrible idea on many levels. When a snake is swallowing its prey it is very vulnerable as it has no way to defend its self. They can and will regurgitate there food if they feel threatened. There is no benefit to holding your snakes while feeding.

"because she just shed she is just feeling things again" What do you mean by this? Are you saying snakes lose there sense of touch while shedding?

Snake will feel threatened of you, if you, yourself come in with a threatening attitidude i have used this method a number of time with carpet pythons and i said a little so you can get a feel of the snake, its all got to do with trust so before you go lecturing me everyone has a different method with the way they do things no way is perfect.

And NO that is not what i am say i am saying because of the shedding they can't see due to their milky eye (when the eye goes cloudy) so if they have brough the snake while it has a milky eye the snake cannot see its surrounding which makes it depend on it smell sense so it would be smelling alot of different scents. so before telling me i dont know what i am talking about maybe ask what i am refering to first before having a go at someone who is explaining a way they feel comfortable with a snake.

[MENTION=39502]lilcrash[/MENTION], Do you know anybody with experience who can come to have a go at handling your coastal? Also there is a snakebytestv episode about how to handle the not so friendly snakes, might be worth checkin out before u get rid of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back