BHP set up.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika81

Reaction score
Hi im getting my first bhp hatchling in a few weeks. Time is going soo slow. I cant wait to get him home. Im trying to get ideas on how to set up his cage. iv Google it but dont get many pics. I would love to see your cage set up :)please post pics of your bhp set up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If it's only a hatchie a 7L sistema tub is the best way, with a heat mat (covering 1/3 of the tubs floor) connected to a thermostat, substrate paper towels, a water bowl, and a hide or 2 and thats about it.

I've just got my BHP home, I am using a large click clack(I never use small ones)with plenty of hides a cool, mid and hot end. I have loose paper towel every where for her to rustle under(sort of draped and scrunched)she was content enough last night so I offered her a feed and she devoured 2 adult mice. She moved off her heat pad a couple of hours ago and is now curled up under an empty tissue box(full of scrunched paper towel)that is placed in a bigger box. I cannot take pics as I cant find my camera charger :x Just do a click clack search and they will give you heaps of ideas(on APS search)
Note:- It is just a personal choice of mine to have large click clacks, I have never had any issues because I make sure they have plenty of places to hide. My Hatchies are never in a high traffic area for a month or two any-how as they are usually in quarantine for months. So they are not disturbed much. Many use small click clacks with great success :D

Last edited:
That is what I was thinking. Im more wanting to see adult cage set ups. I want to do it up so it looks pretty cool.

As a side note for you to think about I had two click clacks for mine as it grew and then have moved them into an enclosure as a transition stage until I feel they are big enough for the full sized enclosure. My intermediate enclosure is 4 foot and my full sized enclosures are 2.4 meters. My small click clack was a system about 10 litres I think and then I moved them into big tubs that were about a meter long.

Thanks andynic07. I that helps me heaps on size. Ill check out the Diy fourm. If you have the link for it Crystal Moon. I have a 3 bay cage im doing up for my dragons. And going to put my bhp in my other cage. Till he out grows it. Then with the bigger one.

I found the DIY :)

Varanoidea its saying it a invalid link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be cos im on my phone?

What are your guys thoughts on a 4x2x2 for them? Is that too small for an adult?

Grrrr I cant open the links on my phone for some reason :(

link worked on my phone:)... But u don't wana look cause it got a mug shot of Andy in there lol
At least I have my pants on mate. You have been a bit quiet since you have been back at work. I am assuming you are finding it a bit tough at your age.lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back