Knob-tailed gecko question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
Finally got my hands on a beautiful Pilb Knob-tailed gecko getting A.J in 2 weeks time feeling very happy :D.

Here's my question because the enclosure is only a 45cm cube how much of the sand needs to be moist so he can borrow?

Moist enough so when up you stick your finger in the sand it will stay shape when you take it out.

Thanks Nick! :D But my question was how much of the sand need's to be moisten if the enclosure is a 45 cm cube, laugh out loud :p

100 mm deep in the back corner slowly tapering to the front for a 50mm depth. Wet the deep end ;)

Depends which posts and caresheets you read, alot will say 10cm deep for the moist half with some saying going down to 1cm deep on the dry half (so shallow so the heat pad under the enclosure can heat the sand to the right temp easier).

4cm more shouldn't make much/any difference to the heating and I think I saw 5cm in one of the caresheets for the dry end and these 2 have kept gecko's alot longer than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back