Eco tech help.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beans

I can't for the life of me figure out how to set a night time temp. I can't find it in the instructions and I can't figure it out from the vid. : /

Anyone know how?

Yeah its the Ecotech TC100

I hold the SET button down for 5 seconds. The first option is setting temprature, then divergance then the 3rd option I have no idea then the times the heat comes on and goes off, then the actual time. I see no options for night temp? o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, do I need to go into cooling mode then set that from the time it goes off till it goes on? That would make sense..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh ok I believe the TC100 doesn't have a day/night temperature setting only a timer for lighting or fan control.

This is the one you have?

121668_1_n_ecotech-reptile-thermostat-with-timer.jpg

This is the one that allows for night drop.
125450_1_n_ecotech-reptile-dimming-thermostat-with-timer-and-daynight-function.jpg

-_- it said this one did it goddamnit I'm gunna have to manually change to stupid temp

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.amazingamazon.com.au/eco-tech-reptile-thermostat.html it says it has seperate day and night temp control.

- - - Updated - - -

​Why does it say it does something if it doesn't do it?

Ok if that is the one you have watch the video on that page it does explain it..

ill have a go hopefully it makes sense..

hold SET, 1st flashing numbers are enclosure temp.
2nd flashing numbers are night temp,
3rd flashing numbers are divergence this is the temp range i would se this to zero.
next the 1st time flashing is the light time "from" say 0700 in the morning 2nd time flashing is light "to" time say 1900 in the evening (this will give a 12hr day cycle)
3rd flashing time is real or actual time, 4th flashing time is day heat "from" say again 0700 in the morning 5th flashing time is day temp "to" setting again say 1900 in the evening (this will give you 12hrs heat at the set temp) once 1900 is reached it will automatically drop to the 2nd temperature you set at the start until 0700 rolls around again then it goes to the set temp for the day.

hope that makes sense lol.

I just don't understand. Theres no where SAYING I am changing night temps, there is one setting that will only go to 20 degrees, is that it? : /

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the help anyway, I'll keep trying to nut it out.

After you hold set for 3 seconds the first set numbers will flash, press SET again to get the second set of numbers flashing you will see up the top of the screen there is a moon symbol that means night temp

Okay it's set to 25. What about day time now though?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay heres what happens when I hold the button down.

Hold for 5 seconds.

Press again, is set heat or cool temp.
pressing again is set temp you want
Again is divergance
Again is some setting that only goes to 20
Again is time to start the temp, and another press for when it turns off
Again is actual time

And thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

I see the moon symbol, but theres only 1 heat setting option. So its set for 25 during the night, but I think that it will stay like that until I change it to 32 for day time.

Ok this is getting too confusing... Watch the video on the link you posted several times it explains how to do it.

I think they gave me the wrong one. Cause I dont have the option to do a night and day temp

Oh and if you are holding set for 5 seconds then pressing it again you will be on the night temp setting. Holding for 5 seconds then leaving it will flash the day temp setting.

All good no need for apologies :), look at the thermostat screen, just below it should say DTC100 for the day night one.

Yeah it doesnt. Just TC100

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I have another problem. Its 3 am currently and I have the thermostat to turn the heat on at 7 am and off at 8pm.

But its on right and the tank is at 32 degrees at 3 am when it should be off -_- what gives?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay I have another problem. Its 3 am currently and I have the thermostat to turn the heat on at 7 am and off at 8pm.

But its on right and the tank is at 32 degrees at 3 am when it should be off -_- what gives?

If it's a thermostat and timer with 2 sockets you may have your heat source plugged into the timer socket.

[MENTION=31866]bigjoediver[/MENTION] is on the money, socket 1 is for the heat source and socket 2 is for the timer. The thermostat you have can only give you 24hr heat at the set temp. It will control a light on the timer plugged into socket 2 but can not control heating via socket 2.

It's plugged I to the first socket though :(

So then one I have won't turn off and on by itself? I'm

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back