What lizard species are cunningham skinks compatible with?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Helps if I had read the title properly first. Sorry.

I have kept them indoors and outdoors with a few different types of blueys. Only problem is when either the blue tongue gives birth or when the Cunningham. Newborns seem to be tasty treats for either.

cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:
I've seen them housed with blue tongues and shinglebacks without too much hassle, though I believe they were all female...

I have housed them with both shinglebacks and bluetongues mostly without problem but when there were problems the cunninghams came off worse. Shingleback ate all the cunningham offspring and smashed the jaw of an adult female. On another occasion a large northern bluetongue developed a taste for cunninghams. Given enough space they tend to be ok but there are always exceptions.

Ive seen them in enclosures with Shinglebacks and outdoor pits with Eastern and Blotched Blueys, Eastern Beardeds, Lands Mullets and Eastern Long Neck Turtles. As previously said though, if animals breed and babies are born they soon become smarties for the other animals within the enclosure. Don't put in with other spiny tailed skinks - it just doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back