Australian Reptile Park photo's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHERPS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the ARP, took aload of photo's.

Feel free to take a look, there in my gallery.

Neil

I havn't been there in years. I refuse to go because of their constant health issues. Apparently ARP recently had/has OPMV/IBD in their collection again.

Edit:
Lets just leave it at APPARENTLY.
That way no names need be mentioned.

I refuse to go because of their constant health issues. Apparently ARP recently had/has OPMV/IBD in their collection again.

why is that a reason for you not to go? you are not touching the animals (especially the death adders that are rumoured to be infected). i think its a great park.

I am not here to discredit the park or persuade anyone else to stay away. I am simply saying that I MYSELF CHOOSE TO AVOID the place. I do have 1st hand knowledge on the situation and know alot more than the general public hence my personal choice. Whether it be for safety sake wanting to be safe rather than sorry, my own piece of mind and worry sake, or a genuine reason for health control it is my decision to stay way.

But....what do you think of my photo's?? LOL!

Spilota1(Geoff), I think you are entiltled to your opinion, but you have to remember when you make a statement about somewhere as popular as 'ARP', that you back it up with facts, if not then you will be criticised. I personally think it is a great place, and I would not go there if for one second I thought that I would pick something up on my shoes or hands and transport it back to my collection.
I don't think that NPWS would allow members of the public to view public exhibits if they thought there would be the slightest chance of anything contagious being able to get out to the publics animals or to the wild through human contact.
You need to get things into prospective, especially when commenting on peoples businesses.
But as I said 'you are entitled to your opinion.

Neil

never been but going there this year same time as wild expo.....neil what does NC stand for?

Thanks Fuscus!
It was a bit of a miserable day, with rain on and off, but a few snakes and lizards were still out and about in the outside pits.
Did you see the one with the EWD sitting next to the Tiger snake under the heat lamp? There best friends! LOL!

To all on this thread.........
As far a I am concerned I believe the ARP to have some of the best quarantine facilities anywhere......I have been volunteering there for four months and even though I am in Spiderworld I still go through the reptile venom room to get to my own venom room. As i walk through I have my shoes soaked in water and virkon twice.......as i walk in on one side from the venomous snake displays and again as I walk out of the room to go into the spiders venom room........at both walkways there are deep trays that you walk through...so you cant miss them when walking in or out..............there is a huge amount of virkon everywhere in bottles and in the trays........I also have no hesitation in saying that there is very minimal risk to our collections just from going to the park........you have more chance of passing disease on in our own home as some people become complacent with their creatures and their cleaning...........not meaning to imply that anyone has unclean collections..........

spilota_1 said:
I am not here to discredit the park or persuade anyone else to stay away. I am simply saying that I MYSELF CHOOSE TO AVOID the place. I do have 1st hand knowledge on the situation and know alot more than the general public hence my personal choice. Whether it be for safety sake wanting to be safe rather than sorry, my own piece of mind and worry sake, or a genuine reason for health control it is my decision to stay way.

I am sorry, but you are discrediting the park with your posts. It is easy to put mad on any business as anonym. You did not backed your conspiracy theory with any facts, and I find this tactic most dishonorable.

They do not have option to hide behind secret user name as you. They have to proof them selfs to be good business and profitable one to stay open.

Any shameful attacks on reputable businesses will be removed in the future. APS is bigger than that. If you like gossip about other people livelihood, State fact and sign your self.

Slateman,I think it is pretty sad that just because one person wishes to aviod the place he should have to give full reasoning as to why along with proven facts and throw names into it for added authenticity, but here goes anyway.

I have not attacked a reputable business at all.
My exact words were I CHOOSE TO STAY AWAY for safety sake. Plenty of actual facts have been produced elsewhere that you may read about so I am not going to re-write everything here. See there is reasons to my actions of avoiding the place. I suggest those quick to push the enter button should do some research on the subject before presuming they know things. Firstly ARP by their own admissions have suggested that many collections in Australia MAY-BE effected by their own stock. I believe this was through a sale of an infected animal?. ARP had also denied all health issues at first claiming them to be rumour (facts were proven later on) That was 2002, they were then effected again in 2003 having further instances of animals displaying the same symptoms as last time. The park again assumes to have IBD or OPMV and try to keep the disease quiet yet again (unfortunately the public had been informed for the 2nd time). Is that reason enough for me to have my choice to stay away?

Spider lady,
You should be well aware of Peter Nosworthy's involvement and his actions to certain animals at the park then. Would it be a lie to suggest he has euthanised animals recently which were effected with symptoms similar to OPMV or IBD virus?

Ok I have given enough information to explain WHY I do not wish to visit the park. Am I wrong for being self conscious about the health of my animals? There is no need to continue this thread any further, if anyone has something to add let it be done in PM. We don't want the owners of this list presuming us to be attacking a reputable business now do we, even if we are just expressing our own opinion and not trying to force it onto anyone else.

spilota_1 said:
I havn't been there in years. I refuse to go because of their constant health issues. Apparently ARP recently had/has OPMV/IBD in their collection again.

Post like this is serious acusation , and I would prefer people to sign under with real name, not just nickname.
If you are not willing to put credibility to your acusation, just leave the subject.

I know you personally Spilota and becaoce you are ex criminal, that das not mean that you have to be always right.
( hyow would you like acusation like that publish publicly under anonym name?)
That is exactly as your post about reptile park. How we can know if your post is genuine or if you really worked ther . You lied before in forum and i am not impressed with your credibility at all.
Ju7st leave reptile park alone, they have hard time to keep going, and people like you do not help.

I agree completely with slateman...............hear hear............The ARP is a great establishment that helps out a lot of people who otherwise would not get reptile keeping experience through their volunteer program and I believe that spilota and others like him can really damage the reputation of a great place..........put it this way........would you prefer people to learn about and respect our animals in a safe environment and be properly educated...........or do you want nothing for kids and the like to visit..........If you do not wish to go spilota then you are entitled to your opinions but dont try to put your opinions on everyone else...........what you have stated on this thread is a defamation of the character of the park..................

I wonder if John Weigel has read any of these posts..........Would be interesting to hear what he has to say on the subject.........

As for past issues.........have you not ever made a mistake or had an error in judgement spilota.......no one is perfect............we all make mistakes........the only difference being is that the ARP is well known all over the world...........you also seem to be discrediting peter nosworthy as well..........i hope you realise that you can be sued for defamation of character by either of these people or establishments.......think about that before you keep going on about it............

if i have offended anyone please accept my sincerest apologies.....but i dont agree with people slagging other people off.........that isnt what this forum is for..........we are here to help each other out with herping but some people just spoil it all for the rest of us..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back