meh

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ah so it has been done.....oh well....thought it was a bit far fetched

If that snake is 49 feet long I'm 10 feet tall.

I believe there was a thread on this snake not that long ago, was all a crock of sh!t. The snake was no where near that long and didn't weigh any where near as much either.

Lol done to death actually Bry :lol: did the read the bit that said they were "savage brown dogs" Lol

Giant python on display
Dec. 31: A python believed to be the largest ever kept in captivity, is put on display in Kendal, in central Java, in Indonesia.
MSNBC

i would have to see it first lol who wants to come with me

never travel alone :)

PK :)

i thought they sent out a herpetologist who measured it to be 7m or am i thinking of another snake in Java?

Actually, Reuters sent their journalist back with a tape measure. He climbed into the enclosure with the director and measured the snake, which ignored him. It was stretched out around the enclosure, not curled up. It moved it's head a bit when he got closer to it so he didn't get an accurate measurement but concluded that it was only 6.5 - 7-ish metres. The director was at first confused as to why the snake had shrunk so much, but after talking to a keeper realised that the snake hadn't eaten for six weeks, so that explained it. Said he would get some dogs to feed it on the next week or two.

But despite the size difference, he still maintained that the snake was 150 years old. He knew this to be an incontrovertible fact because an old man - a snake expert - from a village in Central Java had visited the zoo a few years previously and had told him that was how old he estimated the snake to be. The man's name, and his village is not known.

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back