Yellow morph Sleepy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhhh, it's on fire!! :wink:
:shock: One of the best i've seen!!
How/where did you get it?

Gabe - I am a licenced dealer and was issued with the first pet takers licence in W.A

I have quite a collection of W.A reptiles.

Incredible skink westaussie!

There were some orange ones for sale on Herptrader a while back. unfortunately at the time I wasn't in the position to buy any. :(

Here is a pic of a Sleepy I found one afternoon in Longreach QLD ...

I know i didnt have a sheltered childhood, but i have never ever seen a sleepy in the wild!!

looks like a nice but normal eastern suburbs bob-tail to me west aussie :)

Re: RE: Yellow morph Sleepy

Teamsherman said:
I know i didnt have a sheltered childhood, but i have never ever seen a sleepy in the wild!!
They are a dry area animal (hence their liking for SA). Head south west to, say, broken hill or renmark.
I remember driving along the QLD/NSW border and was rapt in seeing one about 1,000 km into the trip. Down here, if you want to photgraph one, you need to push three out of the way.

Wild yes....captivity no......come breeding season if shingles are kept in large colonies they will mate with who ever the hell they fell like.....randy little blitters :)

looks like a nice but normal eastern suburbs bob-tail to me west aussie

Not at all Magie. You will not find this colour form within 400 kms of perth.

Here is an example of the perth colour form that you may find in the hills or eastern suburbs but they are nothing like the black & red form.

dugadugabowbow said:
Wild yes....captivity no......come breeding season if shingles are kept in large colonies they will mate with who ever the hell they fell like.....randy little blitters :)

Very true indeed, sad to break the myth of pairing for life, but in colonies, they do not seem to practise monogamy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back