Little Bugger!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
I had success getting my new male Water Python to take a couple defrosted rats the other day. I had no luck with the female.
I tried her on a live mouse today and was glad to see her nail it fairly quickly. I checked 20 mins later and there is the dead mouse and the snake up the other end of the enclosure. Hmmmmm..maybe I startled her somehow while she was eating so I try another mouse. Again she kills it then just leaves it.
What a little bugger!

That must really piss you off. I know I would be!!!

:p

Hix

it pings me of when they do that cos its a waste of food,but its not so bad when you have other snakes you can throw the dead mouse to

A couple of little tricks that may or may not work is try feeding her while she is in her hide by just flicking the mouse through the hide entrance as she might feel more secure.Has worked for me many times!!Also if she's handleable which i doubt for a water python try wrapping her tail round the mouse and see what happens :wink:

Thanks for the tips. I had not heard the tail wrapping one, I will try that one out of curiousity. She actually handles pretty well, check out the pic.
(Hopefully it will be the right pic this time :oops: )

if she's striking and constricting youre half way there,try giving it another go in a couple of days,and cover the front of the enclosure with a towel so she does'nt get destracted by any movement outside mix this with what BROWNS said and you may have success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back