Real or fake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apple

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just found this picture floating aruond on the internet, what is your verdict?

OMG!.jpg

Pic has been floating around this site for a couple of days and there is a thread on it :)

Real to me :)

Real - although according to my wife it probably didn't kill the roo cause the roo's wet and it aint.

How damn big is the snake! my god i didnt know they grew THAT big!

what sort of snake is that??? Got to be fake.

Moclobe, there are many gorges in the Kimberlies and Northern territory that have rock like that, and it is real, but as said before, the roo had already died(most likely drowned) before the olive got to it.

Nice snake. Nice rock formation too.
I want to know if the snake succeeded in lifting the roo out of the water and if it then managed to swallow it.
How much clamping force does a snake have in its mouth? That's a fair amount of weight to lift out of the water. If it couldn't clamp its mouth on the roo, surely it's fangs wouldn't hold the weight?

Check the rock ledge either side of the snakes head, they drop a shadow that puts the sun just right of top centre. The snake should be shadowing the roos head and chest area, but it casts no shadow at all? Mmmmm

i will say this...... i see no shadows cast anywere it could be an overcast day in which case shadows dont cast to well....

also why does everyone think the snake is soooo big there is nothing for size reference there we dont know how big that rock formation is or what sort of roo that is...... i will say its a rock wallaby which many snakes can eat a large carpet can take a rock wallaby

that rock formation looks vary kimberlys to me or even nt id say its ur run of the mill olive the wallaby also looks quiet bloated so i wonder how long it has been dead

Sorry but that rock looks more like pilbara to me,
which would mean that the olive is a barroni
and in a lot of those pilbara gorges the sun may not even reach
some places..

Well you'd have to wonder about the sanity of someone who would go to the trouble of faking this picture wouldn't you? :)

I reckon its real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back