baby snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuddlykylie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i recently bought a new snake, shes a nice lil spotted hatchy, now i have a couple of questions she is now in lil click clack container by herself in another snakes tank but i wanna know how long she has to be in there for..
number 2 question, why is she so snappy, its not a bite but a strike she doesnt hold on u cant feel it at all, but why does she do it,

because she is little and thats her only defense. thats a start

i hope so, otherwise back to the petshop she goes...
kylie

Re: RE: baby snakes

cuddlykylie said:
kylie

Don't give up on it if it doesn't settle in. Don't handle it for atleast a week, maybe two. Give it time to settle. As for the handling, try not to handle it eavery day, 2 - 3 days with about 20 mins handling time and it should begin to settle down.

RE: Re: RE: baby snakes

do i sense an impulse by???

Just a Q? please. Would you please let me know what you would advise someone with a hatchie MD python, what they should house it in once it outgrows its clickclack tub? they do have an aquarium(glass) style vivarium that the clickclack is sitting in with a heat mat at the moment, but because glass is not a good insulator, shouldn't they have a vivarium that has wood on the three sides and also a solid wood top? I need to ask this as I'm not that experienced yet. We have a double story melamine vivarium with sliding glass doors for our MD pythons. Usually at night I cover the glass doors with thin panels of styrofoam to stop heat loss, and this helps heaps. We have also put a sheet of the thin styrofoam on the top of the melamine enclosure, no probs, warm as toast. They are only juvies. Haven't been cooled this winter. Cheers Cheryl

cuddlykylie said:
kylie

Your going to send a snake back because it's snappy? :shock:

It's usually the snappy ones that end up turning into docile and trustworthy adults.

Snappy is only an unsure of surroundings, smell, etc in hatchies isn't it?? No taking back, just get on with it eh? Our MD's from hatchies, never been snappy. Lots of handling helps a lot. Anyway the snaps don't hurt. Just a tap. Rarely draw blood anyway.

dont give up on it it will come good just try........
once you get it eating all the time then try to settle it down some times it takes time but is worth it......trust me.

serpenttongue said:
cuddlykylie said:
kylie

Your going to send a snake back because it's snappy? :shock:

It's usually the snappy ones that end up turning into docile and trustworthy adults.
if she worryed about a snake of this size she needs to rethink her choice of pets.

Well i have a 16 month old female spotted pyhton who was really snappy when she was little. I got scared and didn't hold her, which didn't help (well i was only 12). I now handle her every day for 15 mins and she gets more placid each day.

dont judge people u dont know hey..... im not Scared of her, after all i have a 2.5 year old jungle who was my first snake hes a puppy compared to her at the start, shes calm now thank god, doesnt bite, but she can put away a baby mouse no probs great feeder, how long should she be in the click clack
kylie

My spotted hatchy is the same...I'm sure he'll settle down eventually.

I know it's not nice to have a snappy python but stick to it and he/she will turn out fine....give it a bit of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back