Pure diamond or diamond cross?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ex1dic

Reaction score
what do you guys think about this
snake.. was bought as a pure
diamond and was to my
knowledge.. begining to think
that it may be a diamond X
you guys got any opinions? :idea:
cheers

You need to put a photo up from a top view angle looking down onto him showing his back and the top of his head. Looks like a pure from that picture though, but it's a difficult photo to judge it on.

To me, it might be the angle of the photo, but his head/mouth area looks swollen, seen snakes look like that that have a mouth infection - canker. But it's probably the angle

few more pictures.. hope they help
if not i can take more.. not a prob :)

It's a pure diamond.

It's not looking too good. Looks a bit under weight. And it does look like it's gums need seeing to.

Also looks like it has retained eye caps.

Has it recently shed or is it about to?

How long have you had it?

just about to shed.. have had it around 3-4months..
was advertised as a yearling but i dnt beleive it..
trying to beef her up the best i can..

From the first two photos to me (my opinion) it looks like there's definately something going on there with it's mouth. Is it on shed? How old is it?

Pure diamond I reckon.

i think its canker/infection of the gums, it is apparently
associated with stress and there is definately other signs
of stress. I am putting him back in a click clack w/ a heatmat
under one end and monitor him. I was told he was a yearling
3-4 months ago. But he is still way undersize. A few of my
diamonds which are 13-17mnths old which he will be quarentined
from are at least twice his size.

Looks like mite droppings around his eyes too mate. Take it to a vet. That mouth is nothing that a little hydrogen peroxide cant fix. Good luck mate!

I personally don't think it's underweight. To me it looks undersized (length wise) but IMO diamonds shouldn't be much thicker. They are a slender python and better underfed than over. Saying that, it's undersized for it's age, which is most likely only due to the health probs.

Should turn out to be a good looking little snake when it's all better and IMO it's a full diamond.

Good luck with him/her! :wink:

Pure Diamond IMO.
I'd be giving the benefit of the doubt on this one, as there's so much individual variation within Diamonds, even within a single litter to a single sire.
The rosettes, specking and nape/head markings are consistent with pure Diamond IMO.

What's the geographic origin of its bloodline :?:
What length is it?

It's a bit underweight too, I reckon. Treat for parasites, i.e. worms & mites.

Cheers zen

i think it's parents, or grandparents were crossed, and since then have been bred back with diamonds. so i would say it is 75% diamond

Lol now you're getting technical SW!

soulweaver said:
i think it's parents, or grandparents were crossed, and since then have been bred back with diamonds. so i would say it is 75% diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back