How do you check emails?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering the same thing too. Not PM's... emails. Some members have opted to not receive PM's or for some reason are blocked from them but you can email them.

I've sent 2 emails, with nothing being visible in my outbox as having been sent and I have no replys as far as I can see. Do they just go into cyberspace?

Hi Deano, are you referring to Private Messages (PM's)?

Just emails and PM’s, I can’t see a option to go into it, the old site had the email access next to your name when you log on.

ah ok, so what happens is when you click on the "send an email to ..." link it works like a mailto hyperlink, utilising your private email address.
In your control panel preferences, just like PM's you can choose to regulate whether or not you receive emails, I believe the options include receiving emails from site administrators only or from everyone.
I just clicked on a random user name from the online users on the left and the "send email to..." link and an email form popped up no problem.
If you're not getting a response, just like PM's the intended recipient of your communication may not have receiving emails enabled.
I believe there is a thread on this stuff in the site issues forum, this should probably be moved there too by someone... anyone.. :)
I hope this helps, I'll try and send you an email but I'll turn on my receive emails from everyone first...

cheers
Cat

ah ok, so what happens is when you click on the "send an email to ..." link it works like a mailto hyperlink, utilising your private email address.
In your control panel preferences, just like PM's you can choose to regulate whether or not you receive emails, I believe the options include receiving emails from site administrators only or from everyone.
I just clicked on a random user name from the online users on the left and the "send email to..." link and an email form popped up no problem.
If you're not getting a response, just like PM's the intended recipient of your communication may not have receiving emails enabled.
I believe there is a thread on this stuff in the site issues forum, this should probably be moved there too by someone... anyone.. :)
I hope this helps, I'll try and send you an email but I'll turn on my receive emails from everyone first...

cheers
Cat

Thanks heaps.........

snakegal just tried to send an email thru the site to you and it seems you have the receive email only from site admins filter on as I wasn't able to send to you

Deano, you should receive that one I hope.. PS it looks like your PM's are set to the default "OFF" setting

hope this helps..

Cheers
Cat

go to user cp at the menu across the top, then down the left hand side is a menu. from this you can activate your email and pm function. If you want to send a pm or email, click on the intended recipients name and thene you can send either.

go to user cp at the menu across the top, then down the left hand side is a menu. from this you can activate your email and pm function. If you want to send a pm or email, click on the intended recipients name and thene you can send either.

Thanks Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back