Identify this please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGTOE

Reaction score
located central tablelands NSW
I say copper head, but the missus reckons a "yellow belly" which I said is just a common name given to any black snake with a yellow belly, I know I dont have a pic of the head but it was kind of narrow with grey blak speckles under the chin I also noticed a slight red mark behind the head almost a band (but only slight) was only about a meter long.
so ID please

Attachments

• PA251621.JPG
    PA251621.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 133
  • PA251622.JPG
    PA251622.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 133
  • PA251623.JPG
    PA251623.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 117
id say its a copper but it could be something else never no but pretty certain its a copper head

nice pics

unless its a hoop snake, but you would know if it was hoopy.

Hard to say without seeing the head, could but my guess would be a tiger snake or copperhead

i tend to lean to copper head as well

i have never herd a black snake been called yellow bellied before
i have herd of a water python been called yellow bellied

id say its a snake lol
and have no idea
only real way is if ya had it in a container(not recomending ppl should catch wild snakes they dont know)

Copperhead would be my guess

:p

Hix

Attachments

• Copperhead 3, Shooters Hill, NSW, Feb 2005.jpg
    Copperhead 3, Shooters Hill, NSW, Feb 2005.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 95
A yellow belly is a sea snake so i'm pretty sure that's not it lol, central table lands is a long way from the ocean :p

Ha I just did the "I told you so" routine... this particular snake struck out at the wife as she was walking through the long grass. cought her on the jeans two days ago she stepped on a very large red belly while leading a horse ....through the long grass lucky its head was down a hole ( the snake not the horse) moral of story walk through long grass you'll find more snakes...he he

i agree its a copper head
if not black tigersnake

Hey Big- sounds like your wifey needs to buy some nice knee high workboots!!

Thats two close calls in a short time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back