a man eats an olive python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt really say hes in a survival situation, he would have access to medical supplies etc if anything happened

are you people for real? or just stupid? the show is about survival, and it could save your life one day knowing what to if you are stranded somewhere - no point in just telling people how to survive! And yeah, don't like the fact that he's eating a snake, but hey, if you are in that situation you would do anything to survive, and if it means sacrificing one to make a point then so be it... after all most of you eat cows for no reason and yet can justify it, so whats the difference?

I would take the word and reputation of a British SAS and ex foreign leigoner over any of yours - because lets face it, he DOES know what he is talking about.

are you people for real? or just stupid? the show is about survival, and it could save your life one day knowing what to if you are stranded somewhere - no point in just telling people how to survive! And yeah, don't like the fact that he's eating a snake, but hey, if you are in that situation you would do anything to survive, and if it means sacrificing one to make a point then so be it... after all most of you eat cows for no reason and yet can justify it, so whats the difference?

I would take the word and reputation of a British SAS and ex foreign leigoner over any of yours - because lets face it, he DOES know what he is talking about.

I'd sooner eat the cameraman! :D

yea hes an idiot all right
im not from the NT but i still no not to go Jumping in a nice deep pond with out inspecting were it comes from or goes to and he didnt mention about the crocs that could nibble on hes foot

and also said the Olive is a commen snake in australia being from NSW i havnt come across an olive

ive seen dimonds RBS brown and the od green tree no olives here

to me its as much as a suvivel show as that all good surviver

i wouldnt really say hes in a survival situation, he would have access to medical supplies etc if anything happened

Obviously he's not in a real survival situation seeing as it's for TV, but the show simulates one. I doubt very much that if he wasn't allowed to kill an olive, he'd do it and put it on television. I think he's great and often watch the show and am amazed at how good he is at making shelters, lighting fires, hunting for his food etc etc. Really very primeval hahaha

As for crocs, that pool was about half a metre deep and crystal clear and flowing very quickly. I'm almost certain a croc capable of injury would be plainly visible.

its a good show, i watch it...and its interesting. its a show designed to show you what you can do in certain circumstance....not a show about a man ACUALLY stranded (thus the remarks about camera men and all the other crap are void).

i dont see why everyone is getting so angry about a tv show like this one, where there is so many more things you could channel your dislikes to that would actually perhaps make a difference in a time where we need a change so desperately.

its just a show, and its a cool one that educates people, after all these situations happen to hikers and world travelers all the time!

now how about getting wrilled up about poachers? now theres something to get angry about!

Ha Ha...the narrow sightedness of people lol, its a survival show, IMITATING how you might go about surviving if stranded in the wild, the majority of this nation lives in cities and don't really get out into the bush much, probably more likely to get lost and need to recall shows like this for survival...rare but still probable, .
the holiday show Getaway on channel 9 had a guy eat an olive...or was it a water...I can't remember, it was on a couple months ago, but all the same people can actually go out and pay to go tracking with indigenous locals and eat crocs snakes, etc.
my 2 cents, I’d add more but the flame suit is in the wash:lol:

I'm with Aboriginal people all the time and watching them kill things without guns is quite a barbaric, and it does not always work the first or second time but thats the way they have done it for ever. I do recall watching that pommy guy on tv and im not sure if he had a knife or not. If he did he should of used it. But it was a survival show

Who eat's Steak?,Hmm so he cant kill ONE snake yet, you eat staek witch Is of cousre come form .........DEAD COWS

I wonder if there would be such an uproar had it of been meal worms, roaches or rodents that he ate. Biased & narrow minded perhaps?

And who reported it to you tube with their complaints? lmao
Thanks, It is no longer available to view. Pretty petty IMO considering it is infact an educational video.

I'm not sure, but I think it might be a TV show, made to make MONEY. I myself tend not to eat wild native cows although I might consider grain fed farm snakes. mmmm.

it covers all fascists of survival, not just food.
LOL! There is one big fascist of survival anyway!

Its mostly fake. The host and discovery channel have made statements saying how they couldnt possibly put him in those situations for real but the stuff he does is what he would have done or something.

like one episode he is in a certain place in the us and then theres tourists with photos of the exact place but with cars driving in the background. he was filming 100m off a road.

I still like the show though. Of course a network isnt going to let him be in THAT much danger just for a show. Im not sure if the python killing is real in this case but he has killed other animals like rabbits ,a frog im pretty sure and other snakes.

He's not all bad though... there was one frog he came across (i think it was a frog... but thats not really important) and said something about how if he really were stranded he would eat it, but its an endangered protected species so he lets it go.

that leads me to believe that the python one is fake as our snakes are protected too but he may have has special permission just as some of you guys can get permission to collect from the wild?

I enjoy the show. I mean some things he does i never could do, i'd probably die. But still, it's quite interesting! A lot of it is fake, and there are several news articles (and i mean SEVERAL) on how he really stays at hotels during some of the filming, and how the raft he made on the desert island one was first made by a crew of people who knew how on the island, then he had to recreate it. He has a survival expert with him the whole time (see credits) so it's not all HIS ideas on the spur of the moment. But it's interesting to see the lengths you can go to in those situations.

actually there is a few times when he was in dangerous situations; crossing the larva fields in hawai, Crossing the below freezing lake in greenland? without freezing, Surviving the swiss alps. there is even one of him chimney climbing up 40+ feet in a crack in a cliff i mean with no harness(that was visible anyway), then he was in alaska i think and he was chased by a bar and killed rattlesnakes for food.
i dont doubt he was in danger but, he has all the neccessary precautions and is a professional, and i doubt would be in mortal danger. just dangerous if you dont know what your doing

It's all for entertainment.

As for the snake, the producers are in charge of obtaining various permits and permissions. If thay had infact broken a law they would have just paid the measly fine and written it off as a production expence???

ummmm your kidding right?
hes not trying to be like steve.
his show isnt about animals.
why on earth would anyone compare them?

its about surviving in harsh environments, he gets dumped in the middle of nowhere and has a few days to get back to civilization with only a knife and canteen.
he was in the British sas and French foreign legion.
theres an episode where hes in the rockies in America and he eats a grass snake that he catches as well as a rabbit.
in other episodes there isnt food sources like that so he eats vegetation.
its all about what is available and how to sustain yourself until you can find help or help finds you.
it covers all fascists of survival, not just food.
british sas reserves big difference to regular british sas its not like a reserve unit is going to be sent deep behind enemy lines and put into situations where survival is necessary. but the bottom line is the guy is a fraud just take a look on youtube etc.

I am sure some sort of permit or permission would have been obtained...however...

All of you defending the show, who claim to regularly watch it would also notice that there is a massive disclaimer at the start that specifically states that he and the rest of the crew are completely supported throughout the 'survival'...hardly a 'survival situation' that would warrant him killing wildlife...

...also, it is hardly educational, as has been stated, watching a silhouette in the distance swinging a snake...that does not, in the slightest, teach me how to kill, skin, gut and cook a snake...

I have no qualms whatsoever with the show, as stated, I am sure permission would have been granted - I don't think it should necessarily be considered as a completely 'educational' show as has been made out, it is entertainment - and thats about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back