Snakes sexuality

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy

Reaction score
ok, seriously can snakes be lesbian/gay?
if not what prohibits this?

Thanks,
Sarah.

put 2 males intogether for a while with 24/7 camera and find out and do the same with females

hahaha freddy!
I'd like to know too :)

most animals dont root for fun they do it to reproduce anything that looks like it is normally a dominance thing, thats what ive been told and have no reason to not believe it

Yeah they definately can; any animal that watches enough Queer Eye For The Straight Guy will eventually become gay.

Today just now, i seen somthing strange, my 2 females tails were tied, now this is going to be hard to belive but i'll explain, one of the females had been mating with monty (the male) earlier tonight, i go back to check and the female he was mating with had her tail tied with other female in tank, i know montys the male a i caught him spuring the other female on previous occasions! Does that make sense? Bit strange! :|

Now that you mention it, Jasper my JP was looking at me quite lovingly the other night, and rubbing his tail up against the glass... i think he may have thrown a wink in too...

Anyone want a Jungle Python? hehe..

Research Garter snakes. I saw a documentry that said the males pretend to be male to make their competition waste its load if you know what I mean.

males pretend to be males?.............. or woz that sposed to be females

Quite simply, no.
Having sex or simulating it with the same gender does not make them gay. They have no emotional bond, it's all just pheremones and instinct. What you are suggesting is like saying that a snake that gets in it's water bowl every day cares about being pretty and smelling nice.

yeah umm apes an monkeys an ppl have sex for fun, all the other stuff only do wen they r in season or wotever

If given the opportunity, I think you'll find it extremely rare for a male snake to choose to mate with another male rather than a female. Hence, I doubt you'll find males trailing other males in the bush in an attempt to mate.

However, if you were to keep two males together, such as in a large display enclosure. You will find that sometimes a larger male will attempt to mate with a smaller male. In snakes, I have witnessed it in both Inland Taipans and Red-bellied Black Snakes. I wouldn't call this behaviour gay. It is more a strong urge to mate at a certain time of the year regardless of who is about. As some would say "Any port in the storm".

I had a pair of male pigeons that would mount each other.... They would take turns and have fun.... Tried heaps to pair them up with females but no such luck...... They preferred each other...... Had to get rid of one of the male's to see if the other would pair up with a female but lol he remained single....

If given the opportunity, I think you'll find it extremely rare for a male snake to choose to mate with another male rather than a female. Hence, I doubt you'll find males trailing other males in the bush in an attempt to mate.

Unless they're she-male Garter Snakes :) Then again, male Garter Snakes will chase bits of rope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back