Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crooky loves pythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My new beautiful diamond python is settling in nicely. Its a year old and I wanted to know at what rate they grow? i.e how long will it take to get to 3 foot. And I also wanted to breed the snake. ATM I only have one, but a friend is buying a childrens python and I wanted to know how long until I can start breeding and if the childrens/diamond combination will work.
The last question is what size mice or rats should I be feeding it at a year old.
Thanks ppl

Fire extiguisher ready..............dont worry crooky someone will explain it to you

My new beautiful diamond python is settling in nicely. Its a year old and I wanted to know at what rate they grow? i.e how long will it take to get to 3 foot. And I also wanted to breed the snake. ATM I only have one, but a friend is buying a childrens python and I wanted to know how long until I can start breeding and if the childrens/diamond combination will work.
The last question is what size mice or rats should I be feeding it at a year old.
Thanks ppl

hahahaha a you could try a childrens/diamond hybrid but i can bet it wont end nicely for the childrens (as i have heard of diamonds eating other reptiles in captivity) when i take my spotted out or it goes near my diamond cage my diamond has couple of strikes at it (tries to eat it in other words)... dont try it mate..

Not very many people like hybrids.
Plus there would be a huge size difference in the Diamond and the Childreni.
There could be a sad ending.
It would be about 3yrs until you Diamond would be able to breed.

and diamonds dont grow very much at all.. min is 3 years and only 1.1m.. some do grow a tiny bit faster but not much (they are the slowest growing python species in Aus IMO) but if you feed it once a week max then it should grow beautifully mate.

mine is four years and I believe it has stopped growing at 6 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back