Five finger death punch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
just found these guys on youtube and love them, check them out and tell me what you think.

[video=youtube;lHME5_qP3SE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHME5_qP3SE&mode=user&search=[/video]
http://www.myspace.com/ffdp

yeah pretty good..still prefer devolved tho lol.. worlds longest intro haha well perhaps not but still a long time for an intro being 2mins before the vocals start and the song being 4mins in total. i"ll post up a devolved link

sorry for the double post.. One of australia's most under-rated metal bands by far i think.
[video=youtube;1ADZlKSzjFY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ADZlKSzjFY&mode=related&search=[/video]

If I had speakers I might have love it LOL

not bad, love the screams, you like sinai beach?

yeah sinai are pretty good.. i've listened to some of their stuff before i think but never known them by name.. just like at mates houses and such.

As i lay dying are another band i've been listening to a bit of late.. heres a link if anyones interested [video=youtube;UzAXKdNYuUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAXKdNYuUE[/video]

ok, now the big question, you like hellyeah?:lol:

Ooohh lol a toughie but yeah i do like them but i dunno if i could chose between them and mudvayne.I'd probably go mudvayne simply because i've listened to more of their music and only found out about hellyeah by accident a few weeks ago.

i went to see hellyeah about a month back, chad is awsome live, hes a crazy mofo

slip phreak, any ideas where I can get a copy of devolved's album (if they have one?) I really liked that. You seem to have pretty decent taste in music.

Are you into international metal as well? I love scandinavian/euro metal as well, like Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy etc.

Hey There bung,

technologies 2001, Automation 2002, Calculated 2004. (My fav. is Technologies)
They signed to Killzone Music in 2006 and you should be able to order copies in from any decent cd shop.
FFDP are pretty good too. There album is really diverse and keeps up the pace the whole way through. Definately worth buying.

Devolved was sick!! Thanks for that, I know what I'm buying next.
They sort of sound a bit like Meshuggah, only in english :lol:

i do love some european metal, satyricon, children of bodom, to-mera etc

i do love some european metal, satyricon, children of bodom, to-mera etc

At last! A metal thread!

I’ve seen Devolved a fair few times live as the drummer (John Sankey) was from near where I lived and I suppose local gigs here were better than nowhere when they started out (but not by much :rolleyes: ).

Hornet have you ever heard ‘Anorexia Nervosa’? Not the best name from the get-go, and yes they’re French (which might explain it) but they’re probably the best Black Metal band I’ve heard since I basically stopped listening to black metal. If you haven’t, their newest album 'Redemption Process' is probably their best but 'New Obscurantis Order’ and 'Drudenhaus' are good too (these are their Symphonic Black Metal albums and before this it was a bit Marilyn Manson-ish). Kind if like Dimmu Borgir I suppose but darker if you get me.(what’s darker than Black Metal I hear you say? :lol: ). If you like orchestra stuff another band to check out if you haven’t is Tvangeste. They incorporate a lot more of the orchestrial element though (the Baltic Symphony Orchestra and Prussian Chamber Choir were used for their album ‘Firestorm).

Like I said though I’ve given up on Black Metal for years now and basically all I listen to now is Death Metal. I still go back to the golden oldies from the early 90’s sometimes but now it’s mainly European (and again mainly Dutch) Brutal and Technical bands, a lot of which I can not name here :oops: . Neurotic Records is the label which signed quite a few of these bands though: http://www.neurotic-records.com/index.php

Also been getting into a heap of Czech Grind bands lately – I’m surprised at the good stuff they seem to be able to turn out. Bands like Jig-Ai, Ahumado Granujo, Alienation Mental and again, unfortunately, a lot of bands I can't really get away with naming here sorry.

Then again I assume the majority of people will hate all of the above and think I’m insane. You’re probably right :D

that song was ok, as for australian bands karnivool outguns just about anything i have ever heard.

have to have a longer look at devolved i checked out there myspace and heard a song, sounds good. bodom is freakin sweet, especially children of decadence. fav band is killswitch engage. was awesome to see them, unearth and lamb of god at the palace this year, before the place disappeared.

list a few bands.
ones above ^
drykill logic machinehead soilwork spineshank

i'm slowly getting into heavier bands. really enjoying anything with a symphony sound to it. bodom is great how it has a sound that reminds me of stars twinkling. theres no other way to explain it other then the sound effects to stars in those kids cartoons lol. (children of bodom - downfall, listen to it and see if you agree )

edit; rofl, i have progress by devolved on an old mix cd, knew it the moment i heard the intro

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of devolved albums @ utopia in the city when they were beneath the hoyts cinema complex on george st. Sunk lotto aren't bad although i much prefer their older stuff compared to their newer stuff. Just tried searching for them on youtube but couldnt find anything.
Another good euro band to look up is Wintersun - Beyond the dark sun (my fav song of theirs [video=youtube;tnhdJVh9iIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnhdJVh9iIY[/video] the clip blows but their music is awesome

i love killswitch engage, lamb of god are not half bad. I do like alot of death/black metal, really like some of the stuff they play on full metal hammer on tripple j from time to time. I do have to say my fave genre of metal would have to be old school thrash, pantera, metallica and slayer and also love some of the more modern thrash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back