Let there be (natural) light!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ytamarin

Reaction score
I was proctrastinating from study, and thought "what a lovely, sunny day...I think I'll take my python out to get some UV rays". I have never taken him out before. As soon as we were outside under the sun, my usually crazy/psycho/snappy childreni turned into an angel! He wouldn't have even thought of biting, he just wanted to explore. I had never seen him like this before. When I got him back inside the house, straight away he snapped at me again. Perhaps I should house him outside! If only that were possible...

Most likely just to stressed to bite IMO.

You think so? He doesn't have any problem with biting any other time. When I took him inside again he was still in unfamiliar territory as he wasn't near his enclosure yet, but he snapped straight away, as soon as we were out of the sunlight.
I was still holding him the whole time, inside and outside.

I've been told this behaviour is actually not uncommon - have other people experienced this?

He probably felt cornered whilst inside thus attacked.

When outside he was probably thinking where the f am i? What the f is going on? Too confused to bite, or to know what to bite.

When outside he was probably thinking where the f am i? What the f is going on? Too confused to bite, or to know what to bite.

:lol: i just pictured that

re Let

LMAO ,stop holding back son,say what ya think,HaHa yeh you summed it up bout right!

And here I was thinking this was a positive thing, he seemed much more relaxed outside. :?
My backyard is smaller than the room where I normally handle him, so I take it the ceiling makes snakes feel more cornered? And therefore he'll snap at me when I take him to a room of the house that he's never been in before, but not in the backyard? *a little confused*

I would say it was the whole new world of smells and the UV hitting him like never before. I would say it was a good thing to. Also try adding fallen leaves to his enclosure from outside to see another new side of him. Just throw in a handful.

Jason

yeah but if he was confused and nervous. wouldnt he be more aggressive to protect himslef.?
When ever somone or somethin is in unfamiliar territory, I would think they would be more defensive...
just my opinion....

Yeah that's what I thought OzRocks, he normally goes the works with throwing himself around, snapping and flicking his tail, or getting super-flighty. I judged this new placid behaviour to be a positive sign that he felt more relaxed.
Thanks Jason I might try that. He hasn't been exposed to anything 'natural' yet besides the sun the other day, as I didn't let him touch the ground or anything when I took him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back