here is another scam

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickousley

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
here is another scam i got today

From Mrs. Elizabeth Chapell (JP)
God Is The ultimate Giver!
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and in the name of Allah, I am
former Mrs.Elizabeth williams, now Elizabeth Chapell, A widow to
the Late Sheik Mohammed Chapell, I am 72 years old, I am now suffering
from long time cancer of the breast. From all indications my condition
is really deteriorating and it's quite obvious that I won't live more
than four months according to my doctors. This is because the cancer
stage has gotten to a very bad stage.
My late husband was killed
during the U.S raid against terrorism in Afghanistan when he traveled
to Afghanistan to monitor an Hospital / a Humanitarian Foundation (HHF)
he was setting up for the benefit of the Afghan masses as of then,
whose majority, and 99 percent of them are Muslims / Islamic scholars
and loyalists, during the period of our marriage we couldn't produce
any child. My late husband was very wealt hy and after his death, I
inherited all his businesses and wealth.
My doctors have advised me
that I may not live for more than four months, so I now
decided to
divide part of this wealth, to contribute to the development of the
orphanage homes and the less privileges in Africa, America, Asia. and
Europe.I selected you after visiting the website and I prayed over it,
I am willing to donate the sum of US$12,200,000.00,
to you for the
less privileges. Please I want you to note that, this fund is deposited
with Security Firm and upon my instruction, you will file in an
application for the transfer of the money in your name.
Lastly, I
honestly pray that this money when transferred will be used for the
said purpose, it does not matter your reli gious. the Grace of our Lord
Jesus Christ and in the name of Allah, the love of God, and the
fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you and your family.
I Await YourUrgent Reply.
kindly con tact my lawyer
Barr.Peterson Patrick.
Emailaddress:([email protected])
Yours in Christ.Mrs.Elizabeth Chapell (JP).

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.13/1074

"our lord Jesus Christ, A widow to the Late Sheik Mohammed Chapell"
how does that work?

you make contact and then pass on your bank details so they can deposit money but instead take it out

:xThere's another scam going around too. A couple posing as volunteers for the WWF. They get your details and money but then they disappear. One lady actually left details inc address and her house was broken into and all her snakes were stolen. :evil::evil::evil: There are some real 'losers' out there. You will find more info on this scam on the petlink website.:x

you make contact and then pass on your bank details so they can deposit money but instead take it out

I think it has more to do with you replying to that email, then the scammers know that your email is active... and i forget the rest.....:lol:

Can someone PLEASE enlighten me on what these people can do once they have your bank account details?

How does this become a scam? Can they withdraw funds? I think I have asked this question here before, but I am not sure it was answered.

Ok - so if they have information about you - how can they clear your bank accounts out? I know it happens, but how?

DO NOT be stupid and communicate with them.. If you want to throw money away I am sure I will take it or others on the site. If it sounds too good to be true,, it is.... if it sounds unbelievable it is...... be the sceptic and ignore this sort of communication....

I think it has more to do with you replying to that email, then the scammers know that your email is active... and i forget the rest.....:lol:

they know your email is active the moment it doesn't bounce back to them. you don't need to reply.

however you can be traced from your ISP, but the Nigerian scam works by depositing a small amount into your account... and then they of course need to access it.... so I guess this one is similar...

I thought it was to do with identity theft... not sure how that works either. Is there any nerds here that can tell us lol?

These people threaten people who are interested in investing etc.. call it blackmail....It was on ABC a while ago, where one gentlemen was giving funds because they threatened to kill his wife,, he finally came to his senses and saw the police....

They don't ask for your bank details and then clear your account. They say, "I'll ship the animals to you but I need you to cover the freight costs". Then you transfer your hard-earned cash into their bank account, and they disappear with it. I still don't know how people fall for this crap :rolleyes: The scammers ramble on about their supposed CITES permit, why is it that no-one actually rings the relevant authorities and checks these things out..?

[EDIT] Whoops wrong thread - too many scam threads :x lol....

Regarding the above scam, they tell you that there are certain administrative costs associated with transferring such a large sum of money over to you. And gullible people go, "Oohh if I just send them $2,500/$25,000/$250,000 (as the case may be), they'll transfer my millions!!".

This one didn't say anything about people giving money to them... 'They' wanted to 'give' me money.. How would that result in them stealing from my bank account?

No I would never do this, I'm just asking how it's possible from them to gain anything from this.

Regarding the above scam, they tell you that there are certain administrative costs associated with transferring such a large sum of money over to you. And gullible people go, "Oohh if I just send them $2,500/$25,000/$250,000 (as the case may be), they'll transfer my millions!!".
Sooo where do i snd my $2,500 to make an easy $1000000 ;)
Who'd of thought , scams over the internet :lol:

I just put it in you account and when i rang the phone number you provided it appears to be disconnected

This one didn't say anything about people giving money to them... 'They' wanted to 'give' me money.. How would that result in them stealing from my bank account?

No I would never do this, I'm just asking how it's possible from them to gain anything from this.

It'll usually be something like,

"I need you to clear me $10.000 until the frozen funds are open and then you'll get your $250 million plus the $10.000 I'm using to brib a government offical."

any sort of line like that.

Also all the while you are replying in email they could be trying to drop a worm into your computer to keylog or back door.

LOL This is hilarious they have appealled to every religious soft touch in the history of the world...and I gotta say if any one is stupid enough to fall for this crap then they deserve everything they get. and may God/Allah/jesus help them lol they will need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back