Digital cams.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0_missy_0

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm going camera shopping, and, as you all know, there's sooo many different cameras on the market which means choosing a camera is no easy task, especially for complete noobs like me:|
So what I'd like to know is what camera YOU use, the price tag it came with (if you don't mind:)), the difficulty/ease of useage, and all the details of the camera that I don't know the names of:p
Also if you could please include one or two pics that you took with it, if possible. If not, please describe the image quality:)

Thanks guys.

We've got the Canon IXUS65 and swear by it.

It's got loads of features but is also super easy to use. My partner is a keen photographer, while I am a total novice. But we have both taken some awesome photos with this camera. I'm not at home right now, so I can't post any pics - but I will do a little later on tonight.

Price... I can't remember. I think it was around the $500 mark - we bought it right before our trip to New Zealand twelve months ago. Haven't regretted it once, I swear this camera goes EVERYWHERE with us, lol. It also records video footage.

We recommended this camera to a friend several months back, and on our advice she went out and bought it. She has so far been totally stoked with it. I've also got another friend with the same model, and my partner's mate has the IXUS60. None of them have a single bad thing to say about it.

Hope this helps, happy shopping! :)
(will post pics soon)

I think rushing out tomorrow is not a great idea without doing some research into want you need against what you have to spend.
I'd recommend comparing everything with the fuji finepix range

Olympus C-770, Were $900, now about $500. A great point and shoot.

Attachments

• Goldentailmacro.jpg
    Goldentailmacro.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Balisunset.jpg
    Balisunset.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Redeyecroak3.jpg
    Redeyecroak3.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Burtonsaps.jpg
    Burtonsaps.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 91
Wow - some great shots there JasonL. I love the first one.

All I can recommend is get something with a good auto focus - nothing worse than the camera trying to work out what on earth 'you're' trying to focus on and you end up missing the shot! 4megapixal is plenty big enough for macro-style photography that'll produce stunning results!

I've got a fairly big gun Nikon SLR and I can still stuff up my shots :lol: The cost of the equipment doesn't always solve the problems lol

I'd go shopping, look at what you like, then come home and research it on the net.
http://www.dpreview.com/ is your friend.
I'd have to agree with nuthn, the Fuji's are great value, a little harder to use than say a Kodak and maybe not as reliable as a Canon, but I'd head Fuji if i was buying again (I have a Panasonic DMC FZ-30 that cost me best part of $1000. You can see a pic or two here http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/Boigairregularis/WA%20Trip/ )

I use the canon A450 5mp it's the easiest point and shoot, no shutter lag and makes great prints! only 149 at the moment at kmart I think it is? you can take good videos with it too if you have a decent size memory card!

Other than that I have a Panasonic Lumix 10mp That's about $750 ish but to tell you the truth, I prefer my little cannon!!

Anyone need a new camera?? hehehehehe

Thanks so far guys:)

Yeah that's what I plan to do, go out, have a look, come back and do a little more research. I probably should have said that:)

Some sweet pics there.

I was thinking about the Canon IXUS but I have never used one and I don't know anyone that owns one, so I have no idea about the picture quality, so I'll wait for you to put up your pics Miss B:p

Keep 'em comin' :p

olympus c770 no better

I couldn't be more happy with mine, it's been the perfect "first camera" for me, untill I learn a bit more and go full on. At the time, it got fantastic ratings in those mags that rate them against their price. I've had it for a couple of years now though and not sure what else has come out since.

i have a canon EOS 350D and an IXUS 60 (I think?)

I can't be happier with my EOS but as someone els said. If you're good at taking a frame then a cheap camera will do you - unless you want to blow them up really large.

I <3 anything CANON though. I'm a canon person.

PS EOS was $1200 about a year ago.

I use a panasonic DMC-LZ5 LUMIX about $400

Attachments

• P1010858.jpg
    P1010858.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 50
bouncn said:
i have a canon EOS 350D and an IXUS 60 (I think?)

I can't be happier with my EOS but as someone els said. If you're good at taking a frame then a cheap camera will do you - unless you want to blow them up really large.

I <3 anything CANON though. I'm a canon person.

^ Yeah Ant has the 350D, which is his 'proper' camera, lol. We mainly got the IXUS 65 for our trip to NZ last July - we really wanted something that could easily slip into a pocket, but that would still take great shots without having to lug the big SLR around all the time. Now I take the little IXUS absolutely everywhere! Lol. Ant is really big on anything Canon too.

Still looking for pics, .... sorry!

the fourth is my dad and his tree.

this is EOS 350D with 10mm lens...

sweeeeeettt

Attachments

• IMG_0949_BCEdit.JPG
    IMG_0949_BCEdit.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0980_BCEdit.JPG
    IMG_0980_BCEdit.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1012_BCEdit.JPG
    IMG_1012_BCEdit.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1013_BCEdit.JPG
    IMG_1013_BCEdit.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1029_BCEdit.JPG
    IMG_1029_BCEdit.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 42
Great pics guys. I have a IXUS750, and it's fairly good but it's macro sucks (see my centipede thread) i could not get it to focus. Out of about 20 shots only 3 or 4 came good, and even they weren't too crash hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back