Wild cat is pot luck for hunters and collectors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While driving around the Mornington Peninsular over the weekend we came across a number of bill boards point out that cats are not allowed to off their owners property by law.

I am hoping that this means that dealing with Australia's cat plague is finally getting some social and political traction!

To be honest i often wonder why ppl have phobias agianst eating differant animals, i think you would want to make sure it was well cooked too, wouldnt they be loaded with parasites?

I'll have poodles served on noodles and a pot of cat infused tea,
koala in the ice cream parlour with wombat with green pea...

Yummy!!!

Is it a worry that she likens the taste to goanna? Is it legal to eat our goannas?

Cat served on a bed of potato gnocchi and balsamic reduction!

Maybe roast cat and rosemary, thyme and lemon sauce....

I hear an asian shop in Brisbane was serving ibis as chicken not so long ago...

I just think that is gross!! Thats my personal thing, i know they are wild but there wouldnt be so many cats if there were more responsible owners. I think this opens a can of worms for what else we will be allowed to kill and eat.

I dont think itll open a can of worms, if its feral its fair game, simple.

i know they are wild but there wouldnt be so many cats if there were more responsible owners.

Thats a big if, and its pretty obvious that the majority of cat owners arent resposible. Cant fix the problems with ifs and buts, atleast this is action of some sort. Bit weird, think ill stick with shooting and burying 'em ;) Not a fan of carnivore meat.

Jordan

I would give cat a try but would draw the line at a can of worms.

"The Asians have been eating cat and dog for centuries, so why can't we in Australia, where it would be really helpful if we started eating feral cats, camels and rabbits?" she said.
She was inspired to delve into feline cuisine after being told that local Aborigines ate feral cats.
After trapping and skinning some feral cats on her 40-hectare property, she said she discovered the meat was quite tasty.
She gets my vote,,
Surely miillions of chinese cant be wong
I am loving the photo to..haha

The Asians have been eating cat and dog for centuries, so why can't we in Australia, where it would be really helpful if we started eating feral cats, camels and rabbits?"

What the... We have camels too?:?

She gets my vote,,
Surely miillions of chinese cant be wong
I am loving the photo to..haha

(I had missed the meat clever :lol:

kessing_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

I just love the huge smile on her face....cat killing bloody....!!! Sorry im an animal lover, even the wild ones :(

I think you meant the feral ones ? I am also a cat lover, I adore Cane Toads, they are just so interesting and oddly intelligent but I kill everyone on sight and the same goes for cats if I can catch them.

describing the taste as a mixture of goanna, rabbit and chicken.
Maybe because thats what they eat(chickens being replace by tasty native species)...

Ill be should be running some down over the weekend, so if anyone wants to eat them PM me for details.
already tenderised too :lol:

Anyone against killing feral cats is supporting animal cruelty IMO.

i have eaten camel before but the sauce tasted bad so i dunno if it was good or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back