2 Year Old Childrens Python + Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessibrooke

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My Children's python last feed was on the 30th Dec, and I've offered him feeds inbetween then, and he hasn't eaten. Today I was super happy because he took it straight away, but now about 3 hours later he has regurgiated his food. This hasn't happened before, I am going to keep a close eye on him (monitor temps etc) and leave him alone and try to feed him again in two weeks. Should I take him to a vet soon, or wait until the two weeks (assuming no prior deterioation in his condition)?

Thanks for any advice and anedotes!

Hey everyone!

My Children's python last feed was on the 30th Dec, and I've offered him feeds inbetween then, and he hasn't eaten. Today I was super happy because he took it straight away, but now about 3 hours later he has regurgiated his food. This hasn't happened before, I am going to keep a close eye on him (monitor temps etc) and leave him alone and try to feed him again in two weeks. Should I take him to a vet soon, or wait until the two weeks (assuming no prior deterioation in his condition)?

Thanks for any advice and anedotes!

ps he has shed recently (12.1) so I don't think that is the issue.

@jessibrooke it might be a good idea if you included information such as age of snake, size of enclosure, temps, type of food offered and any other information you might find pertinent to this situation, given this information the more experienced keepers here might be able to give you more informed advice, hope this does not sound too condescending. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -ronhalling

Thanks Ron!

It was an adult rat, his temps are around 25* cool side and 33 warm side. He is 2 years old, and has had aspen substrate in his tank (I have since removed it and he now has astro-turf type flooring).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back