• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

6 yr old, F, MD python - rehoming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minusone

Reaction score
I have had my MD for a few years now and moved into a smaller place that can't fit the enclosure.

I can easily sell the enclosure, but I wont a good home for the python.
Does anyone know if zoo's (in sydney) will take her (or anyone here).
Not after money, not selling, just after advice.

I'm assuming releasing a domestic pet into the wild isn't a legal thing.

dont jump down my throat about blah blah shouldn't have got one if i cant take care if it etc...
personal things have meant my living situations have been altered and i dont have the room i used to.

cheers.

JK

You know i always wondered. I heard MDs are becoming very scarce in the wild...
Would it be so 'wrong' to release some back into the wild to boost the population again?
Or for any endangered animal for that matter.

You know i always wondered. I heard MDs are becoming very scarce in the wild...
Would it be so 'wrong' to release some back into the wild to boost the population again?
Or for any endangered animal for that matter.
well yes given there population in captivity if they ever where endangered in the wild then im pretty sure some would be released , but its best to leave it up to the people who are assigned to doing it and have the knowledge and hard facts rather than to just go off here say and start releasing them , you could wind up putting viruses into wild populations that aren't already there like the sunshine virus problem , i don't think thats in the wild populations yet ? i could be wrong though hence the question mark

Thanks for the PMs guys
glad i can get her to a good home

- - - Updated - - -

Overwhelming response.
Cheers guys.
New home has been found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back