a few hours herping at the hume weir

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think your to young but thats if you do it SAFELY ive handled RBB's and EB's but thats with my pop and being realy carefull and im younger

yeh i know, but i didnt post these pics for a pat on the back, i wanted to show our finds and to be able to contribute to this site BUT im starting to think that, like all the other times we have been herping, i shouldnt post pics, coz you guys dont seem to appreciate it

OMG for the last time, we like pics of herping, but not pics of someone holding a brown!

Dont get me wrong im on your side but it certainly seems like your bragging, "its an amazing experience holding the 2nd most deadly snake..." and yes i have handled numerous adult browns but in a much safer manner ;)
he isnt bragging, he is telling you guys he enjoyed the experience, and yes it could have been safer, but this kid doesnt get to do much very often, so to be able to go out, have fun and learn about wildlife was a great thing for him

So are you saying a professional handler has just as much chance of coping a bite as an amateur?
Steve Irwin exposed to him self to 1000's of deadly animals before one eventually killed him, Id like so any any amateur survive those odds

Ironic thing was it was a stingray that got him.

Yeah what I mean is doing something you love isnt exactly right if it is extremely dangerous. And my spotted couldnt kill me, hes pathetic ;) :p
yes it is, so your saying divers, race car drivers and countless other people arent doing something that is "right", they love it, so they do it

yeh i know, but i didnt post these pics for a pat on the back, i wanted to show our finds and to be able to contribute to this site BUT im starting to think that, like all the other times we have been herping, i shouldnt post pics, coz you guys dont seem to appreciate it
Off course we appreciate herping threads, its the main reason I come on this site, but in saying that if all threads on here were amateurs playing Russian roulette with brown snakes then I wouldn't bother, well I probably would just for a laugh, but I sure as hell wouldn't be thinking much of them

why don't you go and do a handling course and give yourself every advantage of other peoples experience.

When I was 13 we used to catch rbb's and browns often. In those days they reckoned rbbs weren't poisonous so we were pretty careless handling them, as it happened my mate and I never got bitten by one.

One day I caught a small brown and under the next sheet of coro iron was a much bigger one. My mate was trying to catch it and I was distracted and YOW the little bloke was chewing on my finger!

We were 4km from the nearest house but we knew the rules (for that time). My mate bolted for help and I lay down and tried to stay calm (ha ha).

Pretty soon my head was splitting and I was sweating. 10 minutes later I was chundering and all I wanted to do was run for it. After 6000 years help arrived and off I went to hospital. I was pretty crook for a while and would never want to go through that again.

I learnt the hard way and if you want to you can too.

My advice is take the advice bring offered.

im 15, there are no courses in my area, i made a thread coz my mum tried to get me into a course in melbourne, but was flamed there to, something along the lines of "no-one in there right mind would let minors into their course" or something like that

im 15, there are no courses in my area, i made a thread coz my mum tried to get me into a course in melbourne, but was flamed there to, something along the lines of "no-one in there right mind would let minors into their course" or something like that

You have to be 18+ due to insurance etc, not to mention the media would have a field day if a minor got bitten by a ven in a VEN HANDLING COURSE.

When I was 13 we used to catch rbb's and browns often. In those days they reckoned rbbs weren't poisonous so we were pretty careless handling them, as it happened my mate and I never got bitten by one.

One day I caught a small brown and under the next sheet of coro iron was a much bigger one. My mate was trying to catch it and I was distracted and YOW the little bloke was chewing on my finger!

We were 4km from the nearest house but we knew the rules (for that time). My mate bolted for help and I lay down and tried to stay calm (ha ha).

Pretty soon my head was splitting and I was sweating. 10 minutes later I was chundering and all I wanted to do was run for it. After 6000 years help arrived and off I went to hospital. I was pretty crook for a while and would never want to go through that again.

I learnt the hard way and if you want to you can too.

My advice is take the advice bring offered.
and you learned from your experience, and if one of us gets bitten, so will we

i am taking peoples advice, but im not gonna stop herping, snakes are hard to come by around here, so when we found all those snakes in the one area, we jumped at the chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back