Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good thinking

yeah see what i usually do is i put her in her travel case that i bought her, and after about ten minutes in that she settles right down, thats why im thinking of halving the tank. Im sure thats all it is.

Well if she's at a small size, why not just have her in a click clack until she gets to a size where she wont be uncomfortable in the enclosure?

Alot of snake owners have hatchlings in click clacks up until they're 1 - 2 years old.

Just buy a click clack, put holes in it.
Thermometer, newspaper as linning, hides, branches, water dish

Sit it inside your current enclosure, with about 1/4 of the click clack on the hot side of the whole enclosure

thats a good idea, i never thought of that, i will definantely look into it over the next couple of weeks, and see how i go.

your little snake looks like it wants a smaller hide.
snake like to get in to little spaces the tighter the better, so they can feel the wall around them.
your hide is like a big open space.

Attachments

• 107_0765.JPG
    107_0765.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 92
It's a cheaper way of doing it, rather than making the enclosure smaller, which you'll have to reverse when she's at a larger size.. I did this method with my MD for a couple of weeks to see if it'd change his temperment and it didn't, so I just left him in the big enclosure.

But if she's calm in a click clack then I'd say go for the idea what I said.

yeah thats what im thinking too, lol as you can tell im very inexperienced, i have a tiny little skull head that i bought for her maybe i should put that in there and see how that goes too, is that a good idea?

What I used with my hatchlings and it's even fine for my 6 month old Stimson and 6 month old MD is, getting a smaller sized pill box. Cut paper towel to fit into it, so if they do their business on it you can remove the paper towel, and they love to hide in it..

Whenever Ziggy has finished her feed, in her feeding enclosure she'll go straight into her pill box hide and then I can move her back into her enclosure.

EDIT:

I just took a picture to show you what I mean. :

654684324984654984651.jpg

Last edited:
ok so what is a good size enclosure to have for my girl, she is about 60cm long.

You can go to Crazy Clarks or K-Mart etc... And pick up a standard size click clack which is roughly:

Long: 30cm
High: 15cm
Wide: 10cm

Then you just place holes on both sides of the Length of the click clack. I found that 2 rows works well. But not all the way along the length of the click clack, probably just a little over 3/4 of the way.

thats a great idea! thankyou so much for your help, im going to go search for a pill box now

Also the click clack that I described would be fine for your coastal, as my MD is about 65 - 70cm long and he fitted fine in there :)

yeah thats what im thinking too, lol as you can tell im very inexperienced, i have a tiny little skull head that i bought for her maybe i should put that in there and see how that goes too, is that a good idea?

Even thought the skull would look nice (mwahahahah :twisted:) it could prove difficult to get the snake out if need be.You will often come across a variety of good size boxes and think "i can use that one".
Part of keeping snakes :)

Welcome to the site.

yeah i just took Chris idea, and put a little bandaid box in there with some hand towel, and took away her rock hahaha, so evil i am, and as soon as i lifted the rock up off her she got all cranky at me, but im just hoping that she will find that im only trying to help her.
Oh i know GSXR i really would love to have a skull head in there, i have a living dead dolls poster that i got laminated so that i can put it in the back of her enclosure, but i dont want to make it look to deathly otherwise i think no one will go near her. poor little girl!

She'll probably suss out the new hide and then find out the it's warm, safe and snuggy for her to hide in lol.

I hope so, otherwise she is just going to be laying on the eco bricks and be a sooky doll. Lol once i was watching her and she crawled underneath her little water dish and hid there for like two days it was so cute

hey chris, do you think you could take a complete picture of your click clack, just so i have a bit of an idea at what i would need for my little pysco?

I don't have any pictures of my click clacks when they were both setup, both snakes are in enclosures now.

But I can give you the basic run through?

I just had:

2 x Hides - 1 in cool end and 1 in warm end
Toilet Roll
2 Branches
Water Dish

And if you use newspaper on the bottom of the click clack you'll find that they love to hide in that aswell.

Oh i know GSXR i really would love to have a skull head in there, i have a living dead dolls poster that i got laminated so that i can put it in the back of her enclosure, but i dont want to make it look to deathly otherwise i think no one will go near her. poor little girl!

Perhaps use the ldd box as a hide (if you take them out of the box?) when it gets bigger? :)
We were planning on making some little coffin shaped hides!! :)

oh my god that would be so cute, i have images in my head of a little snake sleeping inside a coffin. that would totally kick ass man, you should so do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back