Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, she ended up curling up in the corner and sooking lol, big baby! but she will get used to it eventually its just gunna take time i think

Did you put it in the same place where the orginal hide was? how many hides do you have in the enclosure, plus have you thought about the click clack idea?

welcome to aps, what sp of bird eater do you have? i just got another 15 last week so i have over 70 now and 11 different species :p

i put in a pill box, and a toilet roll lol, and they are in the exact same spot as her rock was, i have thought about the click clack idea and i think that will be a great idea, im just speaking to my dad now to see if he can make me one that he can attach a heat lamp too. hes pretty good with that sort of stuff. i put the pill box inside the rock at first to get her used to it, but she pooed on it then crawled off to the corner, so i took the rock out and am just gunna wait to see what happens

FUNNY STORY: First time I got tagged as totally my fault. I was feeding my little stimmie ho is about 25cm and she missed the mouse so I reached in to get it (NO I am not blonde!!) and she bit me. I pulled back (sorry!) and fell over the metal chair behind me and bashed my shin. That hurt so much I hardly noticed the bite! Its ok you can laugh - I did afterwards.

I am still a bit paranoid - its not the bite its the shock of it. But I am telling myself so get over it and grow up because I found the perfect male coastal for my female but apparently he is not so good at being handled and at four feet I'm not to keen to "stick my hand in and get it over with". I would probably pass out from shock.

P.S. When I am at my friends house helping out with the cranky BHP I use a glove - BUT she is nearly 2m long and I would rather be abused by Herpers Global INC then hurt one of them. I will get over it soon...

haha yeah thats pretty funny, im chuckling while im writing this!

Oh my god good luck with sticking your hand it with that one! f that i would rather gouge my eyes out with toothpicks!

yeah the first time i got bit i was sitting on my bed and went to reach in and grab her out and i felt something and i was like what the hell is that, and i pulled my hand back to have a look and their was blood on my thumb and i was like awwwwwwww thats so cute little baby snake teeth marks. but im still paranoid about putting my hand in with her little miss crab apple.

But yeah she is only tiny, you have some courage to let a 2m snake bite you, i wish you all the luck with that, and let me know how you go definantely, cause if you can do that then i can handle a baby snake bite!

Lol thanks for the vote of confidence. He is not going to be a pet I promise you!! He is being obtained purely bevause he is a proven breeder so it gives me a good chance to give it a shot myself next season or possibly the one after - and he threw some nice babies!

thats really scary that you have to get a cranky snake for good breeding lol! my snake is going to be a virgin forever then poor thing! wow so you are breeding coastals are you? when are you thinking about doing that?

I think that it would be hard to connect a heat globe to a click clack? The easiet option is to put the click clack inside of your current enclosure?

You don't have to have a cranky snake, I just decided that he is the right price and he is a proven breeder so it was worth it - and I need to stop being such a chicken anyway.

Yes I am going to give it a shot next season if everything goes ok this year. fingers crossed...

You don't have to have a cranky snake, I just decided that he is the right price and he is a proven breeder so it was worth it - and I need to stop being such a chicken anyway.

Yes I am going to give it a shot next season if everything goes ok this year. fingers crossed...

Thats awesome, ill be hoping for ya! yeah let me know when you are breeding her, cause i will definantely buy a little baby off you, by then my crab apple snake should be ok and ready to go into another enclosure, so my fingers will be crossed for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back