Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!

They really are stunning...

One Day.. one day..

Thanks everyone, credit has to go to southerncrossreptiles.com for producing these beauties.
Robbo: Ive bred jungles and BHPs
MrBredli: Im definately contemplating putting a male over a wild type darwin to get some 100% hets and introduce some unrelated blood.
Olivehydra: Great thing about having white enclosures is that they show up everything, you just feel plain guilty if you see brown crap on walls and floor, down side: LOTS MORE CLEANING lol.

C'mon, are they really that nice? I'd be much more interested in some lovely captive bred locale pure Pygopus!
If you ignore the potential wealth they can bring to the owner, they are just a big white snake. They certainly are very different though, and i'm sure thats part of the attraction for most people. For me, the albino python is somewhat similar to the "grizzled" mutation in birds. It doesn't make the bird more aethetically pleasing (for me) but makes it rare, thus desirable. The only attraction for me is that if i owned them i could breed them, sell the offspring and use to cash to get species i'm more interested in (mmmmmmm scaley foots).

So what is everyones attraction to them? Is it "they are mind blowingly beautiful"? Is it the prospect of having something that noone else does (keeping ahead of the jones, so to speak) or is it the more far seeing "think of all those Pygopus i can get when i sell the offspring"? Theres also the "I can't wait to hybridise this..."

Like i said, i'd breed them and turf them... then get some really cool stuff!

-Henry

-Henry

hi henry,
it's good that you have an opinion, but i for one don't look at a reptile and say,
hey i can make good money from them, i won't have any reptile that isn't pleasing for ME to look at, i think the contrast between the white and yellow with the pink eyes is stunning, but thats just my opinion and i'm sticking with it, but then again i love hybreds so i might be wrong, lol,

very nice albino m.m. if i'm ever cashed up and get 1 offered to me i'll buy it without a blink, lol,

cheers,
steve...........
ps. better get my bhp's and jungles breeding soon so i can buy some albino's,

I tend to agree with you Neph.There is no real wow factor for me either.They would be down my list of animals of interest but high on my list as a means to finance all the animals of interest.They are just another carpet but a morph.They will be a great investment though.Just like albino balls and burmese were in the states.Everyone will want one and then they will be a dime a dosen.I think that will be a while away though.If I had a choice of a pair of these or a gtp or different looking bhp like the bumblbee.I wouldn't be touchin the pair of carpets.Just my opinion.In saying that when you do breed these carpets you will end up with some really neat stuff as a result.Looking at a clutch of albino hatchies pippin eggs would be something not to many ppl have done so far.Good luck with em.

obee

I think they are beautiful pythons. Not sure I'd fork out the cash for them myself but I can definaly appreciate them asthetically. Now if it was an albino olive python...:D

Gee some of you guys are fussy, I think they are fantastic, not for the money but just that they look so beautiful, and the also for the genetics of it all. I find that all very interesting.

Nephrurus said:
If you want something genetically spectacular, get some parthenogenetic Bynoes Geckos

-H

Yeah I know I saw that Sajde had some for sale there not so long back, but I missed em. :(

NIce looking snake (healthy looking too ) but I won't be rushing out to buy one. In a few (snake) generations they will be common
Color mutations and lines are almost mandatory in captive populations, most keepers will try and fix any attactive variation that they breed. Heck, I'ld do it too. They first few generations will be very expensive with the price chrashing in about 4 or 5 generations.
I can remember when the first albino cockatials appeared, they had the same gosh/wow/high $ factor which they soon lost.

I think it is admirable that some people are so easily pleased :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back