Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeinthePark

Reaction score
I found this snake (dead and headless) in the gutter out the front of my house. I live in The Royal National Park, Sydney. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Attachments

• snakie.jpg
    snakie.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 200
Looks like a Bandy Bandy (Vermicella annulata). They are primarily a nocturnal species and I don't think they are frequently encountered. Shame its dead, do you have idea what could have killed it?

Aaron

i reckon it was killed by one of the many kookas living in my garden. Its head seems to have been snapped off..I don't understand why it wasn't eaten though. It's still out there!

its a (atalunna allecimrev) lol
bet none of u will figure out what im saying ill tell u what it is if u guys cant figure it out

its a (atalunna allecimrev) lol
bet none of u will figure out what im saying ill tell u what it is if u guys cant figure it out

You should try something a little more challenging than writing it backwards! :lol:

haha someone had already posted scientific name few posts before yours so of cause everyone would of gotten it straight away ;p

hey, thanks for your help in IDing the snake...I'd never seen anything like it and thought it looked like a sea snake. I must live in snake capital..the other night a diamond python tried to eat my dog on the front veranda...I had to call the Bundeena fire bridgade (snake handlers) who nicely put it back into the bush. I love snakes but not on or in my house, even if they do eat rats (but that's another story!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back