Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he's filming a tv show... he's not actually fighting for life in a hostile environment 0_o

I've been away from this site for a while now because of these sorts of fights, I come back and it appears nothing has changed. Argumentive tree huggers still rule the forum. Instead of critising an informative show that may have saved lives before about 'maybe' killing an olive python, go and start a program to rehabilitate damaged ecosystems and fix some actual problems!

I've been away from this site for a while now because of these sorts of fights, I come back and it appears nothing has changed. Argumentive tree huggers still rule the forum. Instead of critising an informative show that may have saved lives before about 'maybe' killing an olive python, go and start a program to rehabilitate damaged ecosystems and fix some actual problems!

Nobody is forcing you to stay, you sort of need to expect the "tree hugger" attitude considering it's a hobby involving reptiles and other types of critters. If you wanted your "LETS KILL ****" attitude, go join a hunting forum. (not dissing real hunting at all. just what people try to pass as hunting)

I'm already a member of hunting forums :eek:

Anyway that doesn't matter. The point here is that several people in this thread are having a whinge about this when it in reality is one snake (If it were killed). How many of these people complaining about this one snake are involved in awareness programs, rehabilitating programs, landcare problems?

Or yet a better question, do these people who have a problem with this snake being killed eat farmed foods? Foods produced on land where snakes and other 'critters' habitat has been destroyed, hence killing snakes and critters?

Or yet a better question, do these people who have a problem with this snake being killed eat farmed foods? Foods produced on land where snakes and other 'critters' habitat has been destroyed, hence killing snakes and critters?

That argument has already been covered a few pages back...

Did anyone see the episode on discovery last night behind the scenes...It stated that the reason Bear does not eat all of the animal on camera was they had a rule, If Bear kills it, ALL THE CREW have a bite...
Also, He killed an animal once and showed that the liver was good to eat raw as it was full of proteins that cooking can actually destroy, but to cook the rest of it...I would not have known that and I am not a vet so I didn't know what a liver looked like before he killed it and showed everyone...
Yes, he is not actually in a survival situation, but he is showing what to do if you do get yourself into one...
I love going bush and I have gathered quite a bit of info. from this show, which, if I ever did get myself into a survival situation, i would deem invaluable...
If you don't like the show, DONT WATCH IT!!!

Slim6y, Yes whites did come and turn there worlds upside down but that needs to stop being used as an excuse for every problem the Aboriginal people face. Time and again our government has poured money, services and buildings into these community's and all to often they are destroyed. poverty, substance abuse, violence are all ongoing and major problems that are faced in these community's, what's your solution keep pouring in the money, I have been into some of these community's and I haven't had much to smile about upon leaving. The Aboriginal people have to take responsibility for the state of theses community's along with the rest of Australia and our government. I am also well aware that white Australians exploit these community's for their own purposes, children born into these places are sadly all to often caught in a vicious life long circle. Sssssnakeman I fail to see how my views make me ignorant I have only told it how I have seen it, or maybe my perception was wrong and everybody was actually living in peace and harmony together. It is ignorant to see a problem and then make out as if it doesn't exist. Just to clarify I don't see this as an Aboriginal problem but an Australian one, and saratoga I didn't ask for entry into their homes and backyards just the thousands of square kilometers of Australia that are also mine as a born and bred Australian

"It's amazing what happens when you get hungry," he said.

Yes like eating McDonalds or KFC! Both of those products have the potential to kill you! :)

And again....I'll use ANY excuse humanly possible to post this pic again, and again, and again, and again :D

25i6v4k.gif

My god - I'm reading page 3 right now and I'm surprised with how many moronic comments i've seen.

I just read on about how it's bad to eat cow because they clear land that snakes live on and then the cows trample all over it.

WTH man!? Well, if society isn't going the way you'd like it - how about you go dig a hole in the bush, live there, and eat whatever you find. Let's see how long you last hey?

In regards to bear - I think yall are missing the point of the show. It's a show on survival. What would you do if you were stuck in alot of the places bear gets into? I'm pretty sure the majority of you would curl up in a ball and cry for mum. Now I'm not saying it's right to kill the animals, i'm not saying it's wrong - I will say this though - If i was stuck in the middle of no-where, and I was starving and all I could find was an olive python or some other snake - I would kill it, cook it and eat it - then when I finally came back to civilisation - I'd post the pics of me killing, skinning and eating the snake for all the peta retards.

I'm fairly sure that if someone (specifically someone moaning about the death of protected animals) was stuck in the bush and they were starving - they'd kill anything they could to get a feed.

Oh one last thing - do you guys honestly think all TV shows/docos are filmed as they happen? Think again!
Most of the "wild Animal" footage used in docos are filmed in either open range zoos, or even normal zoos. I've even seen the same shots used in numerous docos by totally different hosts! gotta love stock footage!

:lol: Seriously, you deserve to die if you get yourself lost in the bush. There is no genuine reason for you to get lost in the bush in the first place...or the jungle, or heaven forbid..... whatever the hell you were doing in the desert :lol: Only stupid ill equipped people put themselves in stupid situations where something like this could happen. 20 BUCKS suggests the first berry you decide to eat (because you think you remember he said you could eat it) will be your last! :lol: :lol: What’s the saying? Leave it to the professionals??

My god - I'm reading page 3 right now and I'm surprised with how many moronic comments i've seen.

I just read on about how it's bad to eat cow because they clear land that snakes live on and then the cows trample all over it.

WTH man!? Well, if society isn't going the way you'd like it - how about you go dig a hole in the bush, live there, and eat whatever you find. Let's see how long you last hey?

In regards to bear - I think yall are missing the point of the show. It's a show on survival. What would you do if you were stuck in alot of the places bear gets into? I'm pretty sure the majority of you would curl up in a ball and cry for mum. Now I'm not saying it's right to kill the animals, i'm not saying it's wrong - I will say this though - If i was stuck in the middle of no-where, and I was starving and all I could find was an olive python or some other snake - I would kill it, cook it and eat it - then when I finally came back to civilisation - I'd post the pics of me killing, skinning and eating the snake for all the peta retards.

I'm fairly sure that if someone (specifically someone moaning about the death of protected animals) was stuck in the bush and they were starving - they'd kill anything they could to get a feed.

SO whats wrong with not eating cows because of environmental reasons, Am I not allowed to think of the environment over my selfish choices? I would love to live in the bush and eat what I find, plenty of food out there to eat! I am not some PETA tard, I don't give a **** about animals being killed for food, I just hate seeing waste, that is what I argued about with the snake, I am happy to see you kill skin and eat a snake, as long as you actually eat it. I just have a choice that I don't eat meat, only because I want to do my bit for the environment as much as I can.

Last edited:
And yes I think it would be pretty hard to actually get lost in the bush, if you walk in one direction, sooner or later, most likely sooner you are gonna come to a road or a paddock or something. Unless you are in somewhere really remote... plenty of food to eat in remote places anyway.

Bear Grylls is not starving also, he kills it and just wastes it "saves it for later...", there is a difference between killing to survive or for food and killing for money and ratings.

Luke, the problem I have with this guy is his lack of respect for the animals.
Thats all, after killing a snake his comments such as "thats one less snake to worry about" are oppsite to the message that im trying to put out everyday.
I only need to know what animals and plants can and cant be eaten.
This can be shown without the destruction and blood.
Les Higgens knew what to do and he would eat this phoney for breakfast.
Filming the death of animals purely for the ratings of the show is a despicable act.
Anyway, not once has he said in a survival situation, you stay near the vehicle or aircraft that caused you to be there.
Light a signal fire,burn the rubber tyres for smoke, wait for help to come to you ect..(not to many ppl chopper themselves into an environment, they usually have some sort of transport).
Its all about the scary dramatic unreal scenerios and of course killing and wasting defencless animals.
Nice thread Ryan,these are always fun..
f Bear kills it all the crew have a bite...So it is actually getting eaten
If you believe that then you will believe anything

Last edited:
SO whats wrong with not eating cows because of environmental reasons, Am I not allowed to think of the environment over my selfish choices? I would love to live in the bush and eat what I find, plenty of food out there to eat! I am not some PETA tard, I don't give a **** about animals being killed for food, I just hate seeing waste, that is what I argued about with the snake, I am happy to see you kill skin and eat a snake, as long as you actually eat it. I just have a choice that I don't eat meat, only because I want to do my bit for the environment as much as I can.

As I said in my post, Bear doesn't eat the whole thing on camera as they have a rule...If Bear kills it all the crew have a bite...So it is actually getting eaten

And yes I think it would be pretty hard to actually get lost in the bush, if you walk in one direction, sooner or later, most likely sooner you are gonna come to a road or a paddock or something. Unless you are in somewhere really remote... plenty of food to eat in remote places anyway.

In some places it can be hard to keep track of what direction you are heading in the bush and stay in a straight line at times...

They....?

They....?

You talk of 'them' as 'they'? Interesting... Are 'they' much different to you and I?

I agree with a lot of what you say. But this 'them' 'they' rant was just stupid.
I don't know about you, but it gets hard to write 'Indigenous Australians' over and over again when it's much easier just to say 'them'.
Indigenous Australians are a group of people, 'them' and 'they' are words used when talking about a group of people.
Just like if I was talking about Al Qaeda I'd say 'I don't like them because they are terrorists'.

I don't think he said that they were different to you and him. Because I'd still use the word 'they' to describe you two. Just like you'd use it to describe a group of other non-indigenous Australians. By saying Indigenous Australians aren't allowed to be called by a common word that is used to describe any group of people is making them out to be "much different to you and I."

Last edited:

No, I think you're missing the point. Everybody knows meat comes from animals, it's common sense. We don't need him to show us. He's not trying to survive. He has no need to kill the animals, let alone on every single episode. If he did it once I wouldn't really mind, but he does it on every episode, it's just pointless.

As I said in my post, Bear doesn't eat the whole thing on camera as they have a rule...If Bear kills it all the crew have a bite...So it is actually getting eaten

I doubt they would really do that. For one, you can't force your employees to eat what you want them to. And also, most of what he eats is very dangerous and unhygienic, full of bugs and disease, to force your employees to eat that would just be stupid. If he does do that, I hope his cameraman gets e coli.

No, I think you're missing the point. Everybody knows meat comes from animals, it's common sense. We don't need him to show us. He's not trying to survive. He has no need to kill the animals, let alone on every single episode. If he did it once I wouldn't really mind, but he does it on every episode, it's just pointless.

While I know that meat comes from animals, I didn't know which parts of animals should be eaten, what should not and what they looked like until Bear killed the animals and showed us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back