Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they would really do that. For one, you can't force your employees to eat what you want them to. And also, most of what he eats is very dangerous and unhygienic, full of bugs and disease, to force your employees to eat that would just be stupid. If he does do that, I hope his cameraman gets e coli.

I don't think he actually forces them to do it...They did show them sharing a frog...And it wasnt Bear that said that, it was the director

So when he urinates in his drink bottle does that mean the whole crew have to take a swig?

The thing that bothers me is what sssnakeman said, in Australia we are taught that in a survival situation to stay with your vehicle (or however" you got there) as that is your best chance of being spotted by rescuers. If he really cares about teaching people to survive he should be teaching best practice to avoid being in the situation as well.

And also being in the Australian bush and showing people to pick up a brownish coloured snake to kill, for food or anything, is kind of asking for trouble in my opinion.

So when he urinates in his drink bottle does that mean the whole crew have to take a swig?

The thing that bothers me is what sssnakeman said, in Australia we are taught that in a survival situation to stay with your vehicle (or however" you got there) as that is your best chance of being spotted by rescuers. If he really cares about teaching people to survive he should be teaching best practice to avoid being in the situation as well.

And also being in the Australian bush and showing people to pick up a brownish coloured snake to kill, for food or anything, is kind of asking for trouble in my opinion.
I didn't know that he killed his urine.
And while I understand what your saying, he does say which ones he comes across are dangerous and he doesn't just 'pick them up'...
If you're going to go in the Aussie bush, then you should know what animals in the area are dangerous before you go in, and if you don't, treat everything like it is.
If you're stupid enough to just pick up a brownish coloured snake without knowing what it is, well...

oh ok so what your saying is that he needs to kill snakes to show people how to survive, but then tells people not to go near them as they may be dangerous..and to not go near dangerous animals in the Australian bush, which would possibly, in my mind, exclude killing them for food.

Well that makes a lot of sense, thank you for clearing that up for me.. Man don't I feel silly now

oh ok so what your saying is that he needs to kill snakes to show people how to survive, but then tells people not to go near them as they may be dangerous..and to not go near dangerous animals in the Australian bush, which would possibly, in my mind, exclude killing them for food.

Well that makes a lot of sense, thank you for clearing that up for me.. Man don't I feel silly now
No, I didn't say he says not to go near them...Just informing that they are dangerous and to use caution if you choose to kill one for food

I agree with a lot of what you say. But this 'them' 'they' rant was just stupid.
I don't know about you, but it gets hard to write 'Indigenous Australians' over and over again when it's much easier just to say 'them'.
Indigenous Australians are a group of people, 'them' and 'they' are words used when talking about a group of people.
Just like if I was talking about Al Qaeda I'd say 'I don't like them because they are terrorists'.

I don't think he said that they were different to you and him. Because I'd still use the word 'they' to describe you two. Just like you'd use it to describe a group of other non-indigenous Australians. By saying Indigenous Australians aren't allowed to be called by a common word that is used to describe any group of people is making them out to be "much different to you and I."

Context brother - in context....

7 pages of negativity! Awesome!

I think there's a difference between negativity and reality...

Anyway - there's nothing negative about saying I'd prefer to see a bikini clad girl doing the same show...

Luke, the problem I have with this guy is his lack of respect for the animals.
Thats all, after killing a snake his comments such as "thats one less snake to worry about" are oppsite to the message that im trying to put out everyday.
I only need to know what animals and plants can and cant be eaten.
This can be shown without the destruction and blood.
Les Higgens knew what to do and he would eat this phoney for breakfast.
Filming the death of animals purely for the ratings of the show is a despicable act.
Anyway, not once has he said in a survival situation, you stay near the vehicle or aircraft that caused you to be there.
Light a signal fire,burn the rubber tyres for smoke, wait for help to come to you ect..(not to many ppl chopper themselves into an environment, they usually have some sort of transport).
Its all about the scary dramatic unreal scenerios and of course killing and wasting defencless animals.
Nice thread Ryan,these are always fun..

If you believe that then you will believe anything

Nicely said Barry.

SO whats wrong with not eating cows because of environmental reasons, Am I not allowed to think of the environment over my selfish choices? I would love to live in the bush and eat what I find, plenty of food out there to eat! I am not some PETA tard, I don't give a **** about animals being killed for food, I just hate seeing waste, that is what I argued about with the snake, I am happy to see you kill skin and eat a snake, as long as you actually eat it. I just have a choice that I don't eat meat, only because I want to do my bit for the environment as much as I can.

Yeah fair enough. My apologies.
I just think the trampling of the ground thing is a bit over the top.

I think there's a difference between negativity and reality...

Anyway - there's nothing negative about saying I'd prefer to see a bikini clad girl doing the same show...

would you settle for a bikini clad ME doing the same show? and eating baked beans instead of endangered species? i think that would appease everybody! (except, of course, bean lobbyists)

Yeah fair enough. My apologies.
I just think the trampling of the ground thing is a bit over the top.

No problem, though cows trampiling habitat is a big problem, they rocks, outcrops, trample delicate grasslands, squash animals by accident. I remember reading an article in herpetofauna about delma impar at goulbern, they found one that was trampled by a cow and part of the reason they were rare was because cows trampling there habitat.

would you settle for a bikini clad ME doing the same show? and eating baked beans instead of endangered species? i think that would appease everybody! (except, of course, bean lobbyists)

I wouldn't call it settling....

You had me at 'would'.

The inhumane killing and skinning of beans is wrong and unnecessary!! Those poor little beans, what did they ever do to you? I mean, if you're starving, and you eat the whole bean, and it's not endangered, then that's totally fine. But unprotected beans from a can that can't even defend themselves.... You're an animal.

The inhumane killing and skinning of beans is wrong and unnecessary!! Those poor little beans, what did they ever do to you? I mean, if you're starving, and you eat the whole bean, and it's not endangered, then that's totally fine. But unprotected beans from a can that can't even defend themselves.... You're an animal.

A quick Googling reveals this Evergreen - Bean Keepers Project

I bet ya Bear goes in to Canadaville and finds these beans and eats them - he's brutal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back