Beardie not eating!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafist

Reaction score
Hey guys, My Western Bearded Dragon is about almost 20 weeks oldnow (5months) and about aweek and half almost 2 weeks ago, he stopped eating as much. I have a woodiescolonoy that he usually loves to munch on and used to be maybey eat 4-5 generous sized woodies a day. he isnt lethargic,he always runs around and stuff. but he does eat 3 woodies every 3 or 4 days, hes pooped about 3 times since he stopped eating, since hes stopped eating, we have had a massive heat wave come through here in Western Australiaand ive had to turn his heat bulb off but left my Reptsun 10 on, ambient (not Surface) temphas reached 35-37 degrees with the light on and 32 without the light on, ivenoticed he didnt like the heat as he was in the cool sideof the tank hugging the edge of the glass and the cool side is only at 29degrees minimum. hes been burrowing alot and i heard it is a sign of brumation but isnt it (not sure gender) abit too young to brumate? he sleeps alot but also runs around maybe hedigs to get cooler? my tank is 90l x 45w x 45h cm, i have a reptisun 10 and my normal tempereatues 32 hot 24 cool, i do have loose calci sand substrate but, iv always fed him outside, and ive kept a close eye if he eats and he doesnt, please help! im worried!

if you think he is loosing weight you can try feeding him the gel from beef dog food twice a week. I have a baby beardie with a broken jaw who cant eat hard foods like crickets etc so i put the gel into a straw and squeeze it into his mouth like a paste. hes been seen by two reptile vets both have said the gel is a good source of vitamins etc. hes going strong :)

Also, as weird as it sounds mine seem to prefer insects (woodies/worms) fed on potatoes rather than carrots say, so maybe you changed the diet of your beardies diet?

Could be having trouble pooping so not eating as much also, try giving warm water bath and encourage drinking. Make sure the temperature is tested on the inside of your wrist like a babies bottle, and not loner than a few minutes, and out before the water cools.

give him a warm bath, get the basking temp to 40

he has eaten better since then, but its still eh, ive actually lowered his temperatures to 35 hot side as the ambient tempereate in my house has reached 28-32 and hes right on the edgeof the cool side, i spray couple of times aday with room temperature water and he loves it and t brings the tempereture down on the cool side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back