Big Cats,thylacines And Yowies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herpie boy

Reaction score
anyone have any interesting crypto stories or sitings...........pumas, tassie tigers on the main land, yowies,fish man. i myself have never seen any of these but my entire family swear black and blue that they have seen many tassie tigers in gippsland,victoria. my dad has been trying to get conclusive photographic evidents fo just on 10 years now with infra red survailence equipment out in the bush.

there is also a lot of feral dogs in gippsland so that could explain it

anyone have any interesting crypto stories or sitings...........pumas, tassie tigers on the main land, yowies,fish man. i myself have never seen any of these but my entire family swear black and blue that they have seen many tassie tigers in gippsland,victoria. my dad has been trying to get conclusive photographic evidents fo just on 10 years now with infra red survailence equipment out in the bush.

Definitly didn't see thylacines. No way could they out compete foxes and feral dogs. And they'd eat toads (if the canies are even down there?).

If teams upon teams of scientists can't find thylacines, I always doubt these stories.

your right we have trapped them and also feral cats in what some of you might know (the eco trrap). my entire family couldnt mistake such a uniqe animal for a dog , they say that they move nothing like a dog. anyway wanna hear some others stories

Your entire family should go and get some scientists and show them the spot, because for a bunch of people to have seen them, they must be fairly prolific!!

I've always been intrigued by the 'panther' in S.A (I think it was S.A).. Never really believed it, but definitly intrigued.

Some farmer supposedly shot a "panther" years and years ago - took a photo and kept the tail, DNA tests found that it was actually just a massive feral cat. And we are talking seriously massive. It was in the herald sun a couple of years ago.

There was an immature puma shot in Victoria many years ago and is mounted in someones living room, and unlike all the other reports this was confirmed as an actual puma, but I suppose you have to take their word on where it was actually shot.

I was travelling up the coast one year and stopped for a break. there was a travelling zoo vehicle in the rest area with a massive black panther in a cage on the back of this ute. It was just sitting quitely looking out at the mountains, I took my boy who was one, over for a closer look while the driver was asleep and my dog came too. He was smelling cat and getting excited but didn't see it till he followed the scent right to the back of the ute, he looked up (the cat had been watching him come) and the panther gave him this almighty hiss and don't muck with me face. My big couragous cattle cross bully who I never saw scared in his life ran straight back to me and hid behind my legs!!

Some farmer supposedly shot a "panther" years and years ago - took a photo and kept the tail, DNA tests found that it was actually just a massive feral cat. And we are talking seriously massive. It was in the herald sun a couple of years ago.
it was actually a deer hunter. but obviously dse would want to cover it up.

Why would the DSE want to cover up the fact a deer hunter shot it? Deer aren't native.. so shoot 'em!

Why would the DSE want to cover up the fact a deer hunter shot it? Deer aren't native.. so shoot 'em!
no that big cats are out there i guess they wouldnt want to alarm people

read on a yowei hunter website about a yowie sighting just down the road from where i live.
aparretly these 2 kids were walking in the bush at early morning (and a bit alcohol induced) and this big yowie came out of no where ran straight for them, so they high tailed it and ran home. when i read this on the website i talked to my mate whom lives pretty much on that area of bush and told him the year it happend and the season and he pissed himself laughing. turns out that during that time one of his mates had just brought himself a gillies (sp) suit for hunting and was curious about how it goes when you run with it on, so whe went jogging down the exact path the kids saw this Yowie. hahahhah so if i catch my mates mate do i get some reward or anything?

I'd love to believe there are thylacines wandering around out in the desolate parts of the Tassie wilderness! How extraordinarily exciting would it be to see something that has survived the horrors of human habitation! My fingers have always been crossed for this one!

panther sightings have been reported in blue mountains area
lions aswel
the story goes that they are all decendant from animals released into the wild after old circuses went bankrupt years ago

panther sightings have been reported in blue mountains area
lions aswel
the story goes that they are all decendant from animals released into the wild after old circuses went bankrupt years ago
which is highly plausible really:)

hahaha yep
but would be cool to see one
although i really doubt you would ever see it unless it came out in the open
or into suburbia haha
i reckon they would thrive out there in the mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back