Blue Green Tree Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi
I Was Wondering If Anyone Has A Green Tree Pythons Thats Blue Or Has Blue On It ?

Thanks ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people have GTP females which become more blue with each breeding - this is called hormonal blue. It can't be predicted, so you take your chances when buying a baby - that first it's a female, and second it will go blue over time the more it is bred. Most females will demonstrate a slight colour change as they progress through their reproductive cycle, some more than others.

Some races show more blue patterning than others, so it's a matter of selecting a breeder who has suitable stock, but once again it's no guarantee that your animal will have a lot of blue as it matures, and it's impossible to tell how they will turn out when buying a yellow or red baby.

Jamie

You won't have much luck finding a fully blue one, and if you do it won't be cheap.

59721_641851165841734_1468578542_n.png
I posted this on the GTP pics thread a while back , Its not mine :cry: and you cant have it :( . It is a PNG female according to the website the pic came from

look at amazing amazon they sell high blue ones :D not cheap though

look at amazing amazon they sell high blue ones :D not cheap though

They aren't even allowed to sell GTPs in store, are you thinking of the blue tree snakes? If so, they cost about as much as a standard mature GTP, a blue GTP would be much more expensive.

oh sorry i thought we were talking about tree snakes just grazing over the thread my bad. they are some crazy colour gtps.

google moreliaviridis and see some NICE GTPS sorry cant link

I thought the sorong locality GTP's had a blue stripe down there backs?

We accidentally ran over a blue one at work, one of the guys yelled out that we had, and none of us believed it until we saw it, but it was solid blue.
that was at central Queensland, at a mine site.

We accidentally ran over a blue one at work, one of the guys yelled out that we had, and none of us believed it until we saw it, but it was solid blue.
that was at central Queensland, at a mine site.

Different type of snake to what the thread is about.

Sorry, it looked a lot like a python, but I must've been mistaken.

No worries.
It would of been a green tree snake (Dendrelaphis punctulata) that you are talking about as opposed to a green tree python (Morelia viridis).

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but how come some GTP are yellow an not red visa versa?

Different localities. All our native GTP are yellow as hatchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back