Blue Green Tree Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try a bit of reading, book or internet will do...

Jamie

I have already searched google with no luck. Why would I pay 70$ + for a book, only to find out one question? Also no need to be so rude, It was only a question! :)

Here is one of my females...solar 17 (Baden)
9235489529_6685212929.jpg

Actually - different species :)
This is what I have read on here. I do not know a lot about GTP's so maybe someone who does can tell me if this is right.

"all hatchies are red or yellow. Aru, Maruke and Australian GTP only produce yellow hatchies. they all turn green (generally) the majority of the unusual looking animals such as the calicos, genetically blues come from red hatchies, therefor in the states the red ones do generally fetch a higher price. As for blue animals, females can turn hormonally blue which means they go slightly blue during breeding, some animals retain this blue and others lose it during summer, those that retain it after breeding are referred to as hormonally blue; there are ome however that turn from red to blue instead of green, these ones are refered to as genetically blue.

All in all if you get a baby from a clutch that has a red hatchy...... it is not australian (generally the case) although i have heard of a few breeders breeding pure Aru's and only producing yellows.
It wont be long until the red bubs will cost more in australia imo because they hold more potential for new morphs."

This is what I have read on here. I do not know a lot about GTP's so maybe someone who does can tell me if this is right.

"all hatchies are red or yellow. Aru, Maruke and Australian GTP only produce yellow hatchies. they all turn green (generally) the majority of the unusual looking animals such as the calicos, genetically blues come from red hatchies, therefor in the states the red ones do generally fetch a higher price. As for blue animals, females can turn hormonally blue which means they go slightly blue during breeding, some animals retain this blue and others lose it during summer, those that retain it after breeding are referred to as hormonally blue; there are ome however that turn from red to blue instead of green, these ones are refered to as genetically blue.

All in all if you get a baby from a clutch that has a red hatchy...... it is not australian (generally the case) although i have heard of a few breeders breeding pure Aru's and only producing yellows.
It wont be long until the red bubs will cost more in australia imo because they hold more potential for new morphs."

You are correct.(for the most part) To expand on this a little, usually red neos come from hi land locals. Although there are acceptions(Biak's etc.) Red neonates usually morph into the most desired phenotypes. There are a few die hard yellow neo fans who are working on getting yellows to express more of the "desired" traits. The only thing you are wrong about is Aru, Mrrauke, and Iron range GTP's only throwing out yellows.

In regards to the separate species/subspecies comment. No papers have been published yet although from what I hear it is in the works. From what I have heard they will not be divided into separate species. They will be(again from what I hear) split up into 3 or so sub species.

Regards, Patrick

Last edited:
Here's some pic's of my high blue girl, belly and all......that is a light navy blue and she is hopefully gravid ATM :)

Attachments

• P1040829.jpg
    P1040829.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 114
  • P1040828.jpg
    P1040828.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 103
  • P1040823.jpg
    P1040823.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 109
  • P1040826.jpg
    P1040826.jpg