Broad Banded Sand Swimmers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
broadbanded are not on VIC license, only narrow banded.

whats the differences between the two? size? etc?

Well the main difference between the 2 are the number of stripes especially on the tail. (more bands on the tail of the narrow banded).

There is some debate about size difference some book said brad were longer but I recall a thread where Dan Brown said his narrow banded grew bigger.

Thus I am going with they are about the same size.

Yeah thats what i was thinking i was just wondering cause i give my beardy i nice warm bath (which i obviously cant do for my swimmer) But i was wondering if there as anything else but if not great he seems to be nearly done anyway by the looks of it just a few blotches of skin
You could mist him, or wet a patch of sand, but I've heard it's unnecessary, and I don't do it myself.

yeah he seemed good i overflow on the occasion to kep it abit moist it seemed like a good shed and i see his lovely yellow coming out

if they can't be kept in temps over 30 i guess its not possible to have them up north then?

anyone ever kept them up here and with what success?

Apparently it hit a fair bit above 30 with the parents of my one and they didnt die i think it might be OVERexposure to those high temps which will cause them some problems. I dont heat mine at all because its ranging between 20-30 during the day

yeah but the heat up here can get above 30 for weeks at a time, with little varriation at night, maybe down to 25-28 and the humidity can be around 90% anyone know how this would affect them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back