brown tree snake help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ackie

Reaction score

Hey ppl, i hav a fully grown brown tree snake who doesnt seem to shed properly.
Is this a common symptom of brown tree snakes?
It has branches and stuff to rub against, i cant figure out y it never sheds completely.
Would it be the humidity?
I usually just soak a snake in water if it has trouble shedding, but having the brown tree snake temperment ( :evil: ) makes it not the easiest of snakes to handle.
If u's dont mind can u's giv me some pointers.
thanks.

Humidity would be the obvious thing to look at.
Should be easy enough for you to raise when the snake looks like it preparing to shed.

cheers

Sounds like a humidity problem, although I've never kept BTS. Maybe try putting water bowl under the end with lights or whatever, and perhaps misting.

i hav to try and raise the humidity but its more of a vertical tank so its hard to create humidity by placing the water bowl under the light..................................any suggestions?

buy a small water spray bottle and when you have the heat on through the day spray the cage but make sure the bottle is on afine mist and dont over do it try this for a few days or until it sheds

What i have recently done is put a large water bowl in my snakes enclosure and they really seem to like soaking in it voluntarily

Did anyone watch O'Shea's adventure tonight on the animal planet channel? It was about brown trees in Quarm.Real problem over there 10 out of 13 bird species extinct,so many lizard species extinct.They are just eating all the native wildlife there and so they are being culled.

thanks for the info pll.
i hav been misting the tank
and since he should shed within a couple of days i will put in a large water bowl.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back