CHAMELEONS in OZ

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No point arguing the fact of trying to get exotics put on license...it is never going to happen. The departments already struggle to keep on top of the licensing now and we dont need anymore exotic animals out there further destroying our eco-system.

However if you do have any chameleons for sale PM me ;) not that Im interested or anything lol

There is plenty of Chameleons in Aus. I have been offered some many times by different breeders.
I have held them & even photographed them (no I wont be posting pics lol. I don't have them anymore anyway).
Prices range from $300 upwards depending on the species. A mate of mine had a really nice pair but the female got egg bound and died on their 1st season together. He sold the male not long after that and never got back into them as he reckons they are prone to it. No idea if thats true or not but plenty of others have bred them so probably not.

Chameleons are interesting, in a zoo or the wild. I'm Aussie enough to only want Aussie species of reptiles. We have the best in the world, overseas keepers highly prize our species, why settle for less? You risk getting caught, and then there is the potential impact on our already vulnerable ecosystems, if some weirdo releases them???

P1010883-s.jpg

No its not mine... I just thought I would post it to stir things up - it was taken at a pet shop in London ;)

Chameleons are interesting, in a zoo or the wild. I'm Aussie enough to only want Aussie species of reptiles. We have the best in the world, overseas keepers highly prize our species, why settle for less? You risk getting caught, and then there is the potential impact on our already vulnerable ecosystems, if some weirdo releases them???
Im With you mate AUSSIE REP right here

Dont worry I rather all australian reptiles over any exotic bar chameleons and iguanas. dosn't mean i'd get an exotic. Love the range we can get here!

Why have a exotic when you have the best reptiles in the world right here! & they are legal!

I don't see what the big deal is... buy exotics, buy whatever u like, just don't post it here for everyone to cry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back